To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Crashes when trying to open HD/Blueray rips

I need some advice, I downloaded some videos that were in MKV format, they opened fine even the HD/Blue ray rips, but now lately whenever I try to open those higher quality files the whole computer crashes when I click open, I dont know what's caused it and it only happens with MPC Star. Anyone got any ideas?

Generally, videos that come with their own special codecs are bad news, and I automatically reject them. They are typically adware at best, sometimes spyware or trojans. Try to uninstall this if you can,

If you downloaded video that came with codecs to install, then your system is infected and needs to be repaired. The software "hijackthis" has a good forum for fixing these problems, but you'd probably be better reformatting your drive and reinstalling windows because they won't be able to help you unless you volunteer a lot more information then your seem able to provide.

Yes, I believe they came with it. I dont recall installing any codes specifically for tigerplay since this bug has occured, but maybe other codecs cross over and effect this one.

Please explain exactly what this means.

Codecs came WITH the player when I originally downloaded it is what that means.

No other codecs came with these files I'm trying to open, funny thing though, I did try to play it again a few days ago on MPCstar/tigerplayer and it DID in fact work again, but now it's back to refusing to play and instead crashing the entire computer again.

You'll need to figure out what you changed between the times that it does work, and the times that it doesn't. You should also be looking at the system logs to see if you can spot a reason for the crashes.