To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DVD forward/rewind still not working

Hi! So I have this problem with MpcStar where I can't rewind or forward any video that's been played from dvd. I can't even find a way to move back in the video in anyway and can only go forward faster by increasing the play speed (6400x or something like that).

I tried to google it but all I found was that a few versions back there was a fix for this (MpcStar v5.3 [PLAYER] fix the bug of unable to fast forwards/rewind when playing DVD (this was in the changelog)).

I would appreciate any kind of answer, like if there was even some other way to forward/rewind (especially rewind) a dvd.

Use the hotkeys for this. They are basically the right arrow for rewind, and the left arrow for forward, modified by the Ctrl and ALT keys for bigger jumps. You can change this in the program options if you wish.

Doesn't seem to work. It doesn't work manually or via hotkeys. Only thing related to this that works is they play back speed (ctrl+, and ctrl+.) and also the "z,x" frame skipping seems to work but only forward. I'm playing it through actual disc instead of just a file also. The options for rewind and forward and are just grayed out in the options. Dragging the "timeline" also does nothing.

Well mostly I'm just looking a way to just rewind somehow.

Edited by Bagi193 (see edit history)

You said its while you are playing DVD's. I should have noticed that. This is how DVD's work, as opposed to video files. You can't really rewind a DVD on a standalone player either. This is mostly a limitation of DVD drives, they're not designed to do this. You'd have to rip the DVD into a computer file.

Most commercial DVD discs have chapters, you can skip back or forward to the beginning of any, but not to a spot in between. If you're encoding your own DVD discs you can add chapters of any size you like, as many as you like.