To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Speed problem with new bitcomet version.

Sabrips

Hello! Looks like I have the same problem as an author of the thread, is there a solution to this?

This usually happens only to big torrents (more than 7GB) with big number of seeds, speed goes up and down, which greatly lowers the average speed.

Using 1.36 64bit, also tried 32bit and some other 1.3x versions.

Tried reinstalling OS with full format.

Tried same torrents with other torrent clients - no problems at all, average is greatly higher, no roller coaster.

try this out>

1. check your listen port. the best speed for listen port is 40000-60000. beware before using port from 40000 till 4++++. makesure it safe. avoid port used by trojan

2. check your firewall. always allow bitcomet in firewall setting. makesure you have a great AV/SS.

3. check your AV/SS setting for incoming & outgoing for bitcomet.

4. if the bitcomet dies away after certain time of connection. check your adapter setting. makesure it is long & short connection setting (in adapter setting) for wireless setting & 100mbps full duplex is set for ethernet.

5. check your power setting. set maximum performance for the adapter setting.

6. avoid using this port 5730. used by microsoft for updates

for now try it out...cant help much. need more info

Edited by arigatokuzaimas (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hey! I'm using Bitcomet version 1.37(the latest one). I have serious prob with speed! My internet connection is of 512kbps speed. Few days back the average download speed was around 105kpbs in bitcomet! But now im getting onl 50-60kbps.. I cannot download things as fast as i was before. It shows Green for the listening ports,but even though im not at all getting the proper speed! :( Plz Help me out!

Info:

1. Bitcomet version-1.37 (stable release)

2. Internet Connection- ADSL, speed- 512kbps

3. I have a modem( ethernet) {BSNL}. Yes, i have forwarded my port(port:60666)

4. Im using Windows 8.1 and no anti-virus installed

5. Not getting proper download speed for any torrent for that matter.

6. Speed test results --- downlaod speed -> 0.51 mbps, upload speed -> 0.40 mbps

Hope i have provided all the info that is required! Plz help me out ASAP! :)

Edited by sial_comet (see edit history)

sial_comet,

The first thing we need to do is distinguish the difference between Kb/s and KB/s. Your internet provider rates their speed in kbs but bitcomet uses KB/s and there is a big difference. Your max download speed according to your test is about 500kbs or about 60kB/s and your max upload is about 400kbs or 50kB/s. The fastest speeds you can hope to get are 60kB/s, if you got faster speeds in the past you must have had a faster internet connection at the time.

Also, in order to make your communications more efficient you should limit your upload speed so it's not completely consumed with data upload. I would try setting your global max upload to about 40kB/s, this will free up about 10kB/s for sending responses and requests and could improve your download performance.

You might also want to read up on the definition if bits (the smallest amount of data) and Bytes (a group of 8 bits).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

1 bit = 8 Bytes

Byte is represented with an upper case "B" and bit with a lower case "b".