To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unfair bandwidth allocation

bosida

On first attempt to accelerate I started the acceleration at about 700MB over 800 on a file I was downloading and the remaining bandwidth is now 99.2 GB. Meaning, Bitcomet allocated the whole 800 MB as through acceleration.

I think this is a wrong and unfair practice. You should account only for the bandwidth used by the accelerator

Edited by bosida (see edit history)

If I understand you correctly you started a task then enabled VIP accel after it was nearly complete. VIP calculates the task on the entire size, to do otherwise would be extremely complicated and it has been suggested and hopefully when more important issues have been addressed then they will develop a way for it to actively calculate what portion of the data was accelerated, but the service is still in beta testing and has a long way to go before it's stable, so please understand that the development team is doing the best they can to address the most urgent concerns first. If you're unhappy with the service you can request a refund, otherwise I suggest you learn how the system works and feel free to post any suggestions for changes you'd like to see.

Thank you for the feedback

VIP acceleration has been very problematical. Unfortunately, you should expect this kind of thing when you use it. We do our best to warn people off, but there are always some who don't get the word.

Thanks for your answers.

I disagree to the fact a user is supposed to read an whole forum to understand a product that is actively advertised does not work as advertised. I agree with those who suggest stopping selling this until is stable and fixed. At a minimum, I would add a bare bone bullet point disclaimer that transparently and clearly warns potential buyers of the major issues.

I will ask for a refund as suggested in other posts.

I wish your service will get where you want soon and continue Bitcomet success.

I don't disagree with you, but keep in mind that there has been a large financial investment in the servers and development of this system. The fees don't cover the costs, hopefully someday this will change and we (forum staff) did suggest that during beta testing the accounts be issued to those who donate, but the website was already designed and in place. There was no intention to hide the fact that it's still under development, but the person designing the english website isn't the same who are developing the product, so they probably didn't realize it was a work in progress. We all also expected faster progress, but the team is doing the best they can on a shoestring budget, so please be patient and if you're unhappy, then by all means get a refund, and in the meantime feel free to continue to try it, some have been very happy with the results, but others seem unable to get any significant benefits. We have seen some improvement in recent months, so hopefully it will continue to improve.