To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Yellow listening port

Hi i have been using bit comet for a long time now with very few issues , but now i cant get my listening port to go green , it is alway yellow. I have tried different ports , port forwarding coppied ports to my firewall and my router/hub with still no joy .. Any ideas ???

I am on bt infinity if this helps ....

Many thanks Steve

• 1 month later...

please help me. i have been using my college wifi network for downloading files from BitComet 1.36 for a long time . my listen port used to be yellow always and it said listen port is blocked, however, it was not problematic at all. but all of a sudden it has become grey in colour and says that port detection has failed and now no download takes place at all.

my statitics tab shows no LAN or WAN IP and listen port of TCP and UDP says detect failed!

tell me how to attach images. i may attach screenshots.

please help me. i have been using my college wifi network for downloading files from BitComet 1.36 for a long time . my listen port used to be yellow always and it said listen port is blocked, however, it was not problematic at all. but all of a sudden it has become grey in colour and says that port detection has failed and now no download takes place at all.

my statitics tab shows no LAN or WAN IP and listen port of TCP and UDP says detect failed!

tell me how to attach images. i may attach screenshots.

Sounds like your network administrator has found a way to block bittorrent downloads. The grey light itself isn't significant, it just means the test could not complete, but it sounds like something is completely blocking bitcomet from connecting to the internet. Normally I'd suspect a firewall on your PC, but if nothing changed on your computer, then it must be blocked in the router. I'd try using a public wifi connection somewhere and see if it works, if so, then you'll know for sure that the problem is on your college LAN.

• Like 1