To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

TCP blocked since last few days

I always have green port and suddenly since last few days, the port is yellow colour. I have tried the following and still not able to get green colour. Please help.

(1) Windows firewall allowed Bitcomet to communicate through fire wall.

(2) UPnP is checked. Failed.

(3) Uncheck UPnP and do port forwarding at router side. Followed every steps as instructed. Under the TCP/IPv4 properties and DNS server, have keyed in according to the IP address, subnet, gateway and DNS primary and secondary server. Still yellow colour.

(4) Off and on back the router. Off and on back the laptop. Still yellow colour.

(5) Also tried different port no.

I have the following:

(1) Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium

(2) Bitcomet 1.36 64 Bit

(3) ADSL 512KB

(4) Router = Linksys WRT54G

As a test, try connecting direct to your modem using ethernet, if your port is then open, you'll know the problem is in your router, if not, then the problem is probably in your computer.

The most common reason we see port status change is when a computer is restarted and assigned a different local IP address by the rotuer, so all your portforwarding rules will then point to and address that no longer exists. If you were sucessfully using uPnP and it suddenly stopped working, sometimes you can shutdown and unplug all hardware for about a minute, then restart everything and if it doesn't show green in bitcomet, wait a few minutes and retest the port. If you're using manual portforwarding you should check your IP address by running the command "ipconfig" and make sure it matches the setting in your router, if it doesn't, change the router portforwarding rule to match the correct address and you should be fine and followup by making that IP address static in windows so this doesn't happen again.

I tried using direct modem, also blocked. Have restart everything, unplug modem, unplug router, unplug laptop. Restart everything, but still blocked. Have also retest after few minutes, still same, blocked. As for the static IP address, I have also tried that. Blocked too. REALLY REALLY frustrated. Please help!!!! Don't know what to do already.

I have got the same problem with the program and it used to work with a green light but now it does not and I have done every thing I can think of as well I have cable version which plugs straight in the my cable box to the telephone line I can still down load things so I think it is the computer leads or the cable box. I have the emule plug in program on and running. if you can help me please. thanks from ian

Weird, the port is still blocked but I found out that UPnP NAT port mapping at page statistics is added and the speed is about 41kb/s, which to me is quite good already since last few days I only got 5Kb/s. Anybody know why??

@ian, I can't help you in the middle of someone else's topic

@julietx2, Does your WAN light show Green, Yellow or Grey? Do you have any remote peer connections or are they all local?

Please go to canyouseeme.org and test your bitcomet port and see if it tests as open or blocked.

WAN light is yellow colour. No peer connections, all local. Speed now is 36kb/s

Went to canyouseeme.org to check port. Came out as below:

Error: I could not see your service on 203.106.150.50 on port (60000)

Reason: Connection timed out

That is exactly what I suspected. Please read Add Port Mapping in NAT Router and pay careful attention to the part about cascading routers.

Your options are to forward both, or to put the modem/router into bridge mode, effectively disabling the devices NAT and using it only as a modem. You'd need to check the documentation to see which option is easiest or best. If the modem does more then one function, such as VoIP telephone, then you cannot disable the router so you'd need to forward both devices.

ps. i'll also point out that this is one of the reasons the make and model of modems and routers is in the list of requested info for making a support request. We probably could have saved you a few days if the info was in the initial post, but hopefully you have enough info to find the solution now. Good Luck

Hi,

Not yet have time to do the forwarding, suddenly today the WAN light is green colour. So, I guess I will keep in mind your solution. Next time if I have the same problem, then I will do what to do. Thank you so much.