Comet Forums
Sign in to follow this  
silverfox16uk

virus or adware

yes ive been on this torrents sites I think its pas it sell by dates now cant get a site with ut a virse or adware sad but true

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say. Could you explain, please?

I think the bad stuff is very easy to spot. Haven't had an infection in over 10 years.

I totally agree with The UnUsual Suspect. I've not had any kind of intrusion or infection for many years. I guess when you've been doing it as long as I have, you learn what the dodgy torrents look like, and can easily see what sites are less than reputable overall. I've been 'walking the wild side' of software since long before the Internet was even created (yeah, I'm THAT old! lol) so now spotting the nasty stuff is kind of second nature. ;)

some users are taken in by advertisements that are malicious. Some are made to look like part of the site or a search engine. I never saw them until I turned off adblock.