To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Seed a little pls

Hey there, i wanna ask a question. My downloading and uploading stuff are all fine. but then, im kinda annoyed by the seeding thing as it will make me lag when playing fps and online games, such as CSGO and it is really frustrating. So, is it fine if we just seed a little bit often as long its consistent?

~Not a stealer~

Do what I do - hold off seeding and uploading until you're heading to bed (alright, I leave the box running overnight).

Generally, if you're playing games online, it's best to shut down the client really to get the maximum bandwidth for the game

• 5 months later...
On 5/16/2017 at 2:18 AM, Rhubarb said:

Do what I do - hold off seeding and uploading until you're heading to bed (alright, I leave the box running overnight).

Generally, if you're playing games online, it's best to shut down the client really to get the maximum bandwidth for the game

Thanks for your guidance its really helpful thread. 

• 2 months later...

I am agree with the answer of @Neil_Hines , But let me explain you why does the LAG happens while seeding over the torrent and playing Online Multiplayer games..

While you surf the internet you mostly use your Download Bandwidth, And a little bit of uploading..

when you play games you use equal amount of download and upload Bandwidth because you have to specify your position on a game to the game server so that other players can see where you are going and what you are doing in a game.. 

when using bit comet it uses a huge bandwidth both uploading and downloading.. so your game Latency and ping will be increases and you will see LAG in your game,

Its better to turn off any downloading client before ruing the games like cs -GO or PUBG or Overwatch.. 

Bit-comet uses Lt seeding if you have a account on bit comet.. It means even if there is no files are right active and seeding then also bit comet seed the files due to LT-Seeders, By default it always stays ON but you can turn it off on settings.. Its better to exit from any downloading client on computer before starting any Multiplayer game..  Best of Luck