To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet hangs frequently

mikelij

bitcomet UI  hangs frequently(about 10 seconds). I do not clear the torrent collection so that I can search for something other shared. so I have about 310k torrent in torrent collection and torrent share. Is it the root cause of hang?

Do you mean you have 310,000 torrent files or 310KB shared files? I sincerely hope it's the latter LOL

Hanging - there could be a number of reasons -

you're upload speed is too close to your maximum set by your ISP and there is insufficient bandwidth for receiving staions to 'handshake'

you may need to increase your swapfile capacity

your anti-virus may be scanning the files (I download to a separate hard drive and only scan when opening a file (the destination drive is excludedfrom automatic scanning)

you may have insufficient space on your drive for any temp files needed

310,000 torrent files .

Upload speed - not the case.

swap file -  not the case

anti-virus -  Not sure. Seemed not the case. Installed Tecent  computer management software. but closed Tecent computer management software when I ran Bitcomet.

Disk space - Not the case. There is enough disk space.

I tried to restart Bitcomet and seemed to be better.  It did not hang for about 10 minutes. Will see how long it lasts.

I would seriously consider stopping a lot of files. In fact I'm surprised to can manage any transfers - the amount of sheer processor power and bandwidth needed would be horrendous.

My 'rule' here is, unless it's a file that I'm personally seeding, I automatically stop all uploads when I have a 4:1 ratio

No. You misunderstood the case. It is not the uploading. It is torrent exchange -> torrent collection and torrent share, I had more than 310000 items in torrent share and torrent collection. It became hang every 10 seconds. I clear everything in torrent share and torrent collection, and the problem is gone. I think there was some problem in the torrent share and torrent collection. You may change it to background threading so that it does not block the UI.

• 3 months later...