To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Somebody help me!

dht is a secondary tracker and can only be used if the tracker allows dht, and some of the peers enabled dht.

I suggest you read here to learn more about bit torrent protocall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

Suspect

The way that DHT is commonly used so far, it is merely supplemental -- it will find more peers for a torrent. That's good, but it's definitely not necessary. Most of the time, you'll get all the peers you need from the list the tracker sends. You can get along just fine without having DHT connected.

That said, the connection failure is a problem that should be solved. It's often caused by blocking UDP traffic on the listen port, which is usually a firewall issue.

DHT was created so torrents wouldn't require a tracker. The idea was that you could distribute a torrent from, say, a blog, without having to set up an additional web server, tracker, database &c. Unfortunately this hasn't ever quite worked out in practice, and there are two incompatible implementations of DHT floating around out there. That latter is hopefully soon to be fixed.

You don't need DHT. It's nice to have, and a good thing, but you don't need it.

You should try to get it working someday, after you've got a little more knowledge and experience.

The way that DHT is commonly used so far, it is merely supplemental -- it will find more peers for a torrent. That's good, but it's definitely not necessary. Most of the time, you'll get all the peers you need from the list the tracker sends. You can get along just fine without having DHT connected.

That said, the connection failure is a problem that should be solved. It's often caused by blocking UDP traffic on the listen port, which is usually a firewall issue.

DHT was created so torrents wouldn't require a tracker. The idea was that you could distribute a torrent from, say, a blog, without having to set up an additional web server, tracker, database &c. Unfortunately this hasn't ever quite worked out in practice, and there are two incompatible implementations of DHT floating around out there. That latter is hopefully soon to be fixed.

You don't need DHT. It's nice to have, and a good thing, but you don't need it.

You should try to get it working someday, after you've got a little more knowledge and experience.

But this happened all sudden...usually it works...js dunno why now...

Suspect: NO, DHT is NOT a tracker. It's a trackerLESS network, therefore there is no tracker, and that's what makes DHT to wonderfull. :)

DHT (distributed hash table)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

is used by peers so each peer operates as a tracker.

This is an alternate way of tracking a torrent (very useful if the tracking web site is not working)

I was correct in saying that dht is an alternate way of tracking a torrent.

But this happened all sudden...usually it works...js dunno why now...

If dht doesn't work with some torrents, it could be that the torrent does not allow dht. Many private trackers don't enable dht, and will disable your dht connections to comply with bit torrent protocall.

If this only happens with some torrents, then its likely not a problem.

Suspect

DHT (distributed hash table)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

is used by peers so each peer operates as a tracker.

This is an alternate way of tracking a torrent (very useful if the tracking web site is not working)

I was correct in saying that dht is an alternate way of tracking a torrent.

If dht doesn't work with some torrents, it could be that the torrent does not allow dht. Many private trackers don't enable dht, and will disable your dht connections to comply with bit torrent protocall.

If this only happens with some torrents, then its likely not a problem.

Suspect

the thing is,i donwloaded most of the shows almost finish and suddenly it's off.i thought it's just awhile but it takes forever to get it connected.even now,my bitcomet ain't uploading nor downloading at all for the past 6 days...i'm in dilemma.... :( :(