To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't download

I just installed bitcomet 0.70 and it’s taking for ever to start downloading torrents and sometime it don’t even download. Everything I download even the very high seed downloads they don’t work. Can someone please help me?

I just installed bitcomet 0.70 and it’s taking for ever to start downloading torrents and sometime it don’t even download. Everything I download even the very high seed downloads they don’t work. Can someone please help me?

I am facing the same problem too.... . I downloaded Version 0.70 yesterday and it takes forever for me to download my files..... . Everything maintain at 0 for the rest of the day...and I have no choice but to uninstall 0.70 in all and move back to 0.61, but the slow download remains.... . Everything was fine prior to my upgrade (downloading speed @ ove 100KPS).... so anyone who can help us to resolve this problem, please.

I'm not sure what the problem you are having is, but it would help to provide more information.

Is there any tracker errors?

Are the torrents well seeded?

there are many reasons that a torrent doesn't download, and most times its just a dead torrent.

Suspect

ps. I would try a known good torrent (I can find you one if you like)

Hey mates!!

I'm not alone anymore!! I upgrade bitcomet to 0.70 yesterday and same problem... actually it's written :

Connecting Tracker to say Start, waiting for response

10h later still same thing written!!! That sucks!!

When I start it now i have an error message before the bitcomet page opens : can not listen to port 23010....

Any idea guys ?

Hey mates!!

I'm not alone anymore!! I upgrade bitcomet to 0.70 yesterday and same problem... actually it's written :

Connecting Tracker to say Start, waiting for response

10h later still same thing written!!! That sucks!!

When I start it now i have an error message before the bitcomet page opens : can not listen to port 23010....

Any idea guys ?

Same thing for me..no error message related to trackers or torrents... but only messages like " waiting for response to torrents".... worst still is as I mentiond before, after uninstalling 0.70 and reloading 0.61, the same situation persist that the torrents cannot be linked to the tracker and takes forever to connect.... somone please help.

Same thing for me..no error message related to trackers or torrents... but only messages like " waiting for response to torrents".... worst still is as I mentiond before, after uninstalling 0.70 and reloading 0.61, the same situation persist that the torrents cannot be linked to the tracker and takes forever to connect.... somone please help.

Here's what that's is my log,

BitComet 0.61 is running on:

CPU : Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz 2666 MHz

RAM size : 479.35 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Default tracker optimization rules file loaded.

Start Listening at TCP Port:55555

Start Listening at UDP Port:55555

Windows XP ICF Status: Firewall TCP port is opened.

Windows XP ICF Status: Firewall UDP port is opened.

UDP tracker report: WAN IP =

Apply Network Connection Policy: CERNET

Update Local IP:

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

Start Listening at TCP Port:23926

Start Listening at UDP Port:23926

I change Port hoping they work, but to no avail.... can the problem be due to "cannot find working ICS" and "device not found!" I am confused.... .

I have the same problem. It's waiting for response. It turns out bitcomet is not even connected to the internet. None of the settings are changed since I upgraded to 0.7, but it just wouldn't download. This is very frustrating and I don't have the setup for .61, so I can't switch back to the old version.

These problems sound like a firewall issue to me.

Perhaps each of our members here can list the firewall they are using. Perhaps it has an issue with bit comet we can look into.

For example, Mcafee will detect a change in a program when you install a new version, and ask for permission to grant access.

Perhaps your firewall doesn't recognise the new version properly and is blocking it by default.

as a test, I would try disabling all hardware and software firewalls and see if you can connect.

Suspect

hi, i also have the exact same problem here, it was working perfect until i upgraded to 0.70, the only difference with me is i have tried it with absolutely no firewall on whatsoever, i even uninstalled my firewalls but the problem persists.

"Connecting Tracker to say Start, waiting for response" is all it sais, even if i leave it for 5 hours. i give the torrent to my friend who is also using bitcomet 0.70, and he starts to download it after a minute or 2.

please help :(

That message indicates that something else is using the port or a firewall is blocking it.

First, make very, very sure you don't have two instances of BC running. After you've done that and are sure, try changing the listen port to something else. Choose one between 49000 and 65535 to avoid possible conflicts.

hi mates !

i'm have a problem with DHT node

in other vercion of the program this can conect

but in the vercio .70 this can't this is not all i can't download aniting

I check the firewall but is the same

please some one help! ;) :(