To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

All My Ports Closed?

staindrocks

I'm having a problem in which nobody seems to know the answer. It seems that all my ports are being blocked by something. I can still connect to the internet, so that's not a problem. Here's the problem! I don't have a router and i disabled my Norton Internet Security. I belong to a private tracker site and it says i'm not connectable. I can download and upload files when i'm still leeching, but as soon as i get 100% of the file and begin to seed, no one can connect to me? I did a port check on several ports via a program called "Shields UP!!" and it said the following:

"Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet."

I called my Verizon DSL and they told me that all my ports are not being blocked or protected by them. Then again, the first girl i talked to didn't even know what a port was! Again, I don't have a router, and i've even tried totally disabling Norton Internet Security. My Windows Firewall has always been and still is turned off. I'm stuck, please help!

I'm having a problem in which nobody seems to know the answer. It seems that all my ports are being blocked by something. I can still connect to the internet, so that's not a problem. Here's the problem! I don't have a router and i disabled my Norton Internet Security. I belong to a private tracker site and it says i'm not connectable. I can download and upload files when i'm still leeching, but as soon as i get 100% of the file and begin to seed, no one can connect to me? I did a port check on several ports via a program called "Shields UP!!" and it said the following:

"Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet."

I called my Verizon DSL and they told me that all my ports are not being blocked or protected by them. Then again, the first girl i talked to didn't even know what a port was! Again, I don't have a router, and i've even tried totally disabling Norton Internet Security. My Windows Firewall has always been and still is turned off. I'm stuck, please help!

Sorry, i thought i might have posted under the wrong section and thought this was more appropriate. Won't do it again.