To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

my pc crashes when i burn movies, why?

ok everytime i try to burn a film, half way thru my pc crashes, everything freezes and i have to turn it off at the back of the tower and back on again. why is this cos i have burned movies loads of times why is it with just this 5 films?????

im using nero if thats any help ;)

Are you just burning, or are you converting the file first? If the latter, you might want to try different conversion software to do the job. Let it output to the hard disk. Worry about burning it after you've got it converted.

If you're just burning, try different burning software.

I run into these problems alot.

First of all, depending on which version of nero you have. The early releases of nero seven have severe issues and was completely replaced with a new version seven.

Alcohol 120% is a very good program for burning discs.

Now most important...

If you want to have good playback on discs that you burn, it is importand that you select the slowest speed your burner will allow.

It is also recommended that you close ALL applications so your burn is not interupted to share cpu time. To do this properly you should unplug your network connection or power off your modem (stops inbound connections).

You might ask if its really necessary to shut down everything and go offline just to burn a disc. Its not absolutely necessary, but if you want to stop having burn errors, then I suggest you take this advice.

Suspect

ok ive tried switchin everything off, using lowest write speed and it still crashed. i then downloaded alcohol 120% and i sais its for burnin but there is nothing there for burning movies and i cant find anything there that helps me!!!

please im really stuck, i cant pay for sofware so im using what i can get, at the mo i have nero start smart and it was working fine but now its not, please help me

Ok, I see that part of your problem is that you're trying to use Nero Smart Start. Despite the name its not a smart thing to do. Try to open Nero Burning Rom directly, this is the program you want that will burn your files to disc. You can also try using burning software built in to Windows XP.

Yes, Alcohol 120% is for Images.

I think you should specify exactly what you are trying to do here.

What kind of files are you burning?

Or perhaps you are encoding?

Please also specify exactly what version of nero you are using, some have known problems. Start burning rom and click on "help" then "about nero"

an example of a full version number would be 7.2.0.0

If you are using 7.0.0.0 you will need to update, as this version is F.U.B.A.R. and was completely replaced.

Suspect