Jump to content
Comet Forums

Stopped Download after 99.3% - No Seed - Trying since last 2 months


Recommended Posts

I am downloading a movie IceAge2 the Meltdown (Ice.Age.2.The.Meltdown.2006.DVDSCR.XViD.SWESUB-SWEpneT) since last 2 months. I had downloaded 99.3% movie in two days and since then it is stopped.

However there are some seeds but they are shown as n/a in client type column and also their status appears as "D_d5_0". All the data download from these peers do not count and seen as rubbish data droped.

All the pears are stick at 99.3%... A screen snap is show here.

Would anyone tell me what is happening

post-4334-1155480507.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I would recommend a good torrent for this film, but it appears yours has sweedish subs? not sure.

Anyway, another option that might work is to look for the trackers web site and post a request for a seeder to return.

If you are sucessful, you would then be expected to seed for a reasonable amount of time yourself.

Suspect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I've encountered files that were that close to 100% at one time or another and some of them were actually complete. If you convert, or even if you don't, just copy the file to somewhere, like your desktop, rename it by deleting the .bc that follows the .avi and try playing it. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it may be a bad torrent... but one technical thing im unable to understand that why all the peers having more than 99.3% of the file are shown as "n/a" in Client Type and the reason behind droping the download data as rubbished from these "n/a" client types (one such is shown in about pic)....

And I tried to play the movie in anticipation of watching 99.3% only but it does not play.. Is there any software which can play or repair it if i cant download remaining 0.7%???

Moreover, cant I download remaining part of the movie from any other torrent of this movie ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, take a look at the torrent "health" column. It indicates the total number of aggregate complete copies present in the swarm. Since it's below 100%, it means there are NO complete copies present. So this would be a poisoned torrent and will never complete.

You can try playing the incomplete file with VLC from videolan.org, but if that doesn't work there's probably no way.

As for picking it up from a different torrent, that's not possible, sorry. You'll have to start over from scratch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, the only way you could continue the download from a different torrent is if they started with the same files (which is very unlikely).

There are often hunderds of different source videos for any given movie.

Also, if this in indeed a "bad torrent", designed to harrass bit torrent users, then it surely would never play, and may contain malware or viruses.

Suspect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks friends... I have tried VLC player also. Now I am gonna remove it and restart downloading... This time i will first check its health...

Last and final thing that i wanna ask is that I use Mininova for movie download... is there any other site/source better than it for movies...???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...