To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help not downloading anything! is it my firewall?

Autumn

ARGH!!!

I am using f-secure internet security and i think i have configuered it so that bitcomet can access internet but it still isn't downloading anything please please please please pleaaase help!!! i am not sure that i have the port numbers right and i don't know how to check it?

feeling really frustrated! :(

DHT is not necessary for, and irrelevant to, successful downloading. DHT merely finds additional peers beyond what the tracker already gives you.

Firewalling BC's listen port will slow, not stop, your downloading. Firewalling BC's outgoing connections will definitely stop your downloading, but so will other things.

First, check the tracker status of the torrent you're trying to download. If there are problems connecting with the tracker, this will cause what you're seeing. Some problems are temporary, some aren't. I

To see if BC's listen port is open, check it at www.canyouseeme.org, with BC running. Any answer except "yes" is "no", and indicates that a firewall is blocking your listen port. The DHT problem indicates, as DS said, that this port is also closed to UDP traffic. It needs to be open to both.

To see if BC's listen port is open, check it at www.canyouseeme.org, with BC running. Any answer except "yes" is "no", and indicates that a firewall is blocking your listen port. The DHT problem indicates, as DS said, that this port is also closed to UDP traffic. It needs to be open to both.

it can't see my listen port and i was sure that i had configuered my firewall so that it could :( I have set up protocols and rules that allow traffic through that port (I think?)

anybody have any suggestions?

before we continue with this post, can we besure that these members have a torrent that is active please?

If the torrent has no seeds or active peers, it will not download. Please let us know if you do not understand this so we know where to start in providing assistance.

Suspect

there is no need for dht connection to download a file. Dht is a secondary means of tracking a torrent, but only used if you have enabled it, the tracker allows its use, and you are connected to peers that have enabled dht.

If you cannot connect to any peers, it is most often a firewall blocking your bit comet.

Suspect