To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help Please:)

well its never happend before, most of the time im downloading PS2 games,

and now im downloading LOST 2ed season - the file is about 8.5 GB.

the BT download at rate of 200k per second (whats not normal in my internet connection)

and 90% from the files are RUBBISH data - and get erased ofcourse.

i've tried to download another file and its the same at that file also.

ireally dont want to start over again im at 50% at one file and 40% at the other.

someone knows what to do? <_<

thanks a lot! :)

post-4448-1155594699.jpg

If you don't have PeerGuardian, you'll want to get it and run it, to see if you can't get some of the bad data blocked. But mostly I have to suspect a network problem to cause this much garbage.

I have a link to PG2 in my sig. During install only use these 3 lists: p2p, ads, & spyware. Blocking gov is pointless, blocking edu also block people in dorms on high speed lans.

Don't use any lists from bluetack. Theirs are way over bloated, theirs even blocked my email. Plus the guys are real jag offs.

Concerning blocking government IP addresses.

This depends on where you live.

I strongly suggest you get advice on your countries laws concering internet downloading before you choose not to block government ip addresses.

Suspect

I strongly suggest you get advice on your countries laws concering internet downloading before you choose not to block government ip addresses.

Fair point. Buts lets be clear, there is a difference between a countries government and private groups with money that think they're the government.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a link to PG2 in my sig. During install only use these 3 lists: p2p, ads, & spyware. Blocking gov is pointless, blocking edu also block people in dorms on high speed lans.

Don't use any lists from bluetack. Theirs are way over bloated, theirs even blocked my email. Plus the guys are real jag offs.

I have just tried this an still get lots of rubbish. I also did the manual hash check... but it's useless. Any other ideas?

Thanks

I would have my isp check my connection for packett loss, as there is some serious corrupt data here

also, sometimes router settings can cause corrupt data, but I've never see it on this scale.

One other idea is to block peers that are giving you the bad data, but if it is all, or most of them, then the problem is most likely on your connection.

Suspect

ps. Your english is very good, but if you can change your bit comet to display in english when you make your screenshots, it might help some of our members understand what they are looking about (just a thought)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I stopped using BC coz the download times were just crazy. I tried with other BT clients but I had the very same problem. The thing is.... why are the other p2p programs run just fine?

Ps: I installed PeerGuardian2 but the problem remains

Any toughts?