To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Remove...

Alterno

Remove the Built in browser, I bet most of the users, don't use it, or at least from now bring 2 versions one with browser and another without broweser. People uses Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc...

Remove the favorites part.

Tweak the UI, Bitcomet is a mature bitorrent application now, and should have a better User Interface, even if what we really need is to be able to download torrents files fast, a new interface won't hurt anyone.

Keep up the good work.

Lol, I've raised this issue as well. But unfortunately alot of newbie users tend to like this built-in shell so that they have direct access to sites they need.

Keep in mind though, you can allow the favourite sites to be opened within a new browser, not necessarily within our browser.

But in regards to your new 'interface' what would you suggest? If this "browser thing" does become alittle popular I'll maybe make a Poll Section so that users can vote as to which features they want, and don't want.

Lol, I've raised this issue as well. But unfortunately alot of newbie users tend to like this built-in shell so that they have direct access to sites they need.

Keep in mind though, you can allow the favourite sites to be opened within a new browser, not necessarily within our browser.

But in regards to your new 'interface' what would you suggest? If this "browser thing" does become alittle popular I'll maybe make a Poll Section so that users can vote as to which features they want, and don't want.

Sora is not only that, is just that bitcomet includes a lot of useless built in features: The web browser is one, the built in chat is another, the favorites is another, if you want to help newbies with information of where they can find the torrents, why not to maka thread with the information at these forums or to develope a built in browser feature, that show the results of the different torrent site in the same window?

Another crappy Built in feature is the video previewer, I honestly think is better to preview those files with the media players like: Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, etc..

The UI, need to be reorganized in all the aspects, I hate that stupid vote in in the top100 banner., It could be done in an origianal way to fit BC UI. Maybe a skin system.

A few other features would be to be able to put incomplete or downloading files / incomplete torrents jobs in a different directory and then move it another directory exclusive for complete applications.

If Syn removes the built in applications: chat, browser, media player, BC will use less space and or memory for sure and I don't think it will affect the download speed at all. I am using Utorrent now as main torrent, I like the UI they use for it, but when I need to download Heavy files and I want to download them fast, then that's the time for Bitcomet.

-------

And about removing the built in application, it can also be an opportunity to open new projects, like.

BitNavigator (Bitcomet browser)

bIRC (Bitcomet IRC client)

Bplay (Bictoment Media player)

:).

Another crappy Built in feature is the video previewer, I honestly think is better to preview those files with the media players like: Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, etc..

Uhh, none of those players can preview most audio/video files. I think you meant VLC player or AVIpreview.

I agree that the video player should be removed and the browser shell should be removed.

But please dont remove the favorites section. I find it nice to be able to do a search right in Bitcomet which then opens up firefox directly to my search. I would be really nice if the favorites were easier to edit/remove/add, instead of manually editing the xml file.

The Chat needs to be developed and then an Azureus plug-in version made. It's a really nice feature, just needs more development & support.

- So how important can be a conversation between a seeder and leecher? Hey, do the file works? Yes

- Cool. thanks

So Come on, lets devolope some kind of easy, fully functional IRC client. Don't get me wrong, but why would you like to use something like that, most of the people chat by Messengers or IRC clients, that's the true.

So I don't have to be a genious of something:

One, If I am going to develope something, it better be good.

What are bittorrent client for.

A) download/upload at the same time

B) chat

C) Browse internet.

----

About the favorites, I think by creating a thread at these forums and posting them at forums, leaving it open for replies, might be better than just having 10 /20 links in your BC client, btw you just need press CTRL+B to add a page as favorite.

Peace.

Hm the IRC chatwindow is actually a really really good idea. Lol I'll need to bugger our Developer's team to get this feature on, and yes the favourites can be kept, but the other functions can be disabled or removed.

I might actually open up an IRC Channel for BitComet Discussion.

I really like the browser built in system, if you don't wanna use it, just don't , it really helps to acces those public torrent sites(in the channel maniu), and download torrents faster,That's the thing I liked about bitttorent when I downloaded it,when I was a noob in the torrent industry...

I really like the browser built in system, if you don't wanna use it, just don't , it really helps to acces those public torrent sites(in the channel maniu), and download torrents faster,That's the thing I liked about bitttorent when I downloaded it,when I was a noob in the torrent industry...

What about if I like the client and I don't want unnecesary feature installed? What about if they make them plugins?

but I don't want 2, you could always "ignore this feature" if you don't want 2 use the web plugin, it's easy,they should like put the web feature in the options, if you don't want 2 use it fine then tick in the preferences meniu that would do the trick and silly noobs won't have problems compicating themselfs whith plugins...

i really hate them cas it's all complicated I don't know how to work whith programming bits, and certinly wouldn't like to install plugins after each version that appeares...

but I don't want 2, you could always "ignore this feature" if you don't want 2 use the web plugin, it's easy,they should like put the web feature in the options, if you don't want 2 use it fine then tick in the preferences meniu that would do the trick and silly noobs won't have problems compicating themselfs whith plugins...

i really hate them cas it's all complicated I don't know how to work whith programming bits, and certinly wouldn't like to install plugins after each version that appeares...

Torrent clients were made as a download / upload application, not to browse pages, Is using not necesarry space, they always can remove both, favorites and built browser and add a search field which displays torrent results inside Bitcomet.

they should be removing only the chat you guys think that I only use private trakers or what?, I use public trakers so I could "cheat the system" easily and the favorites and the web feature always is helping me to download cool stuff, "that's why I use bittcomet" and you could always ignore this feature if you're not down whith that...

favorites = torrent sites and other sponsored stuff which bittcomet is using it to gain money for theyre projects so no...

the web browser is always used by me to download torrents and that's all...

if you have problems whith the space thing you could always use the feature "buy a bigger hard drive"

they should be removing only the chat you guys think that I only use private trakers or what?, I use public trakers so I could "cheat the system" easily and the favorites and the web feature always is helping me to download cool stuff, "that's why I use bittcomet" and you could always ignore this feature if you're not down whith that...

favorites = torrent sites and other sponsored stuff which bittcomet is using it to gain money for theyre projects so no...

the web browser is always used by me to download torrents and that's all...

if you have problems whith the space thing you could always use the feature "buy a bigger hard drive"

So cheat the torrent system?. Note: You don't need a web browser, you have it (IE/FF), chat system what about an irc channel, favorites? what about a thread where everybody can post their favorite torrents sites?

Hey btw i have 2 400gb hard drive, so space is not a problem, the problem is to be forced to have those not necessary stuff, well Rny is acting just like microsoft.

So cheat the torrent system?. Note: You don't need a web browser, you have it (IE/FF), chat system what about an irc channel, favorites? what about a thread where everybody can post their favorite torrents sites?

Hey btw i have 2 400gb hard drive, so space is not a problem, the problem is to be forced to have those not necessary stuff, well Rny is acting just like microsoft.

I'll bet you only use private trakers and don't want to say it I take 99% of stuff from public one, and guess from what program I guet the link? you guest it bittcomet...the top of the favorite site thing is all about private trakers majorly is just for private one to get noticed... I like have to make 1,2 clicks to find a publick traker in there... man you're not the only one who is using bittcomet consider that...neder do I want the chat system it still has some bugs... to give you an example if the tech support majorly changes the interface it would be like 9/11, if you don't like bittcomet, then who is forcing you to use there are tons of others...

(quating) "favorites", well I don't have public traker favorites tuff luck for me,I alwaysw go from bittcomet, that's the special thing,..and I don't wanna make one cas bittcomet is gonna change...

Changing The interface of bitcomet would be a big terrible mistake...This is the only torrent client whith a web interface and special links to some public trakers, remeber that, that's why Bitcomet is "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in the torrent buisness...

What??? :blink:

if the tech support majorly changes the interface it would be like 9/11
How can you compare a stupid filesharing program to the loss of 1000s of lives. :angry:
This is the only torrent client whith a web interface and special links to some public trakers, remeber that, that's why Bitcomet is "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in the torrent buisness
What??? :blink: :huh: What are you talking about.

:lol: As Carlos Mencia would say, "Dee Dee Dee" :P

dee dee dee what's that?LMAO! ;)

oh so you din't know that bittcomet is the best of the best? what's whith the dee dee de thing anyway hello speak english....

Actually I have never used the chat feature, there seems to be peers with chat turned on, though they never appear as "on line". However there IS a good point, you can chat directly to the peers you uploading/downloading to/from and request/supply info, for example, when there's no seeders to the current torrent but you've found another torrent with seeders and wish to let them know and vice-versa.

:rolleyes: I like BitComet UI how it is now (enough for its task, not to mention that I think the more graphical UI a software includes, the more memory it occupies. and look at Azureus or BitLord - what a cheap UI)... with browser included (you'll put it - the browser - into RAM anyway, even if you load it separately and not inside BitComet, I suppose), but I won't mind if they make it plug-in, or .dll, whatever... only don't throw it away... I like Favourites, too, but I'd like to manage the list from inside of BitComet and not the .xml file... also they can make it plug-in... the same for chat and those other useful information (Trackers, Peers, etc).