To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Two downloads stuck at 99.5%

jiunnshuan

I've been downloading two seasons of 'Lost' but they only got to 99.5%. All the remaining files that are being downloaded after that were dropped as rubbish data. I have over 1GB of rubbish data! And just so you know, there are seeders for these torrents. I've played a few episodes which are completed. So, they are not fake torrents.

Do all the episodes work? -if so then just stop the torrent at 99.5% (of course after seeding to 1.0)

If there are still one or two episodes which arent complete, then download Peer Guardian 2 and use it.

Although the torrents may be real they might be poisoned (malicious seeds sending bad data)

hopefully PG2 will block those bad seeds and you can find a seed who has the correct data

Another more difficult way is you could temporarily set the max connections per task really low to like 10 and as the seeds begin transfering to you then ban the ones that are sending the bad data and eventually you should find a seed with the proper data.

• 1 year later...
Do all the episodes work? -if so then just stop the torrent at 99.5% (of course after seeding to 1.0)

If there are still one or two episodes which arent complete, then download Peer Guardian 2 and use it.

Although the torrents may be real they might be poisoned (malicious seeds sending bad data)

hopefully PG2 will block those bad seeds and you can find a seed who has the correct data

Another more difficult way is you could temporarily set the max connections per task really low to like 10 and as the seeds begin transfering to you then ban the ones that are sending the bad data and eventually you should find a seed with the proper data.

Hey Dave,

How do you seed to 1.0 after stopping at 99.5% download?

Thanks,

1cool1

Hey Dave,

How do you seed to 1.0 after stopping at 99.5% download?

Thanks,

1cool1

Hi,

Just let the task continue (or Start it, if you've stopped it)... even if your download has stuck on 99.5%, you will still be able to share that percentage to a ratio of 1.0 .

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Man, i also have this same problem on some of my downloads.

I only want to download a 500mb of files but after two days of stll downloading at my max

speed, i only happen to go 88% but my total downloaded bytes goes way past 3gigs.

I'm so very frustrated until i happen to read this post and try your suggestion of using the PeerGuardian2.

Mate that soft rocks. I happen to download all the files again in less than an hour after trying it for 2 days now, but of course my download speed got considerably down but wtf, the important thing here is it solves our problem, and for that ican't THANK YOU enough.

Great advise!!!