To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

A suggestion ^^

Rainierman

First of all, hi everyone. I recently thought of something and that it was worthy of registering here and share it =P

Anyways, let me explain with an example. Lets say I download a torrent file, that has the episodes of [insert Random series here] from... 1 to 40

Now, when I am downloading many torrents at the same time, but I want one of them to get dled at the time, then when finished, proceed with the next one, you can configure your settings so it downloads one torrent at a time. So that when you end one, it goes into the next one in the list.

So my point is, it would be very helpful if you could do the same WITHIN torrents. So that it downloads first Episode 1, then 2, then 3, but not all of them at the same time, one by one. That way you can see the episodes as they finished to download, in order.

With the newest Bitcomet (0.70), the best you can do to achieve this is to check the files in the torrent, and change the priorities of ALL the files to Disabled (Banned), with the exception of the first file. But that's too manual and you would have to have an eye on the torrent all day >_>

Anyways, it would be more... handy. I don't know if other torrent clients have this because I've ALWAYS used Bitcomet (and its great! Big thanks and cheers to the Bitcomet Team ^^). But if this feature is to be implemented, it would be pretty awesome, in my opinion. =3

Well that's it, what do you think? XD

It would take much longer to download the full series if you did it this way.

I prefer to not select one file then the next in large torrents, but I'm sure the developers will consider the possibility of a download queue within a torrent, I'm just not sure it would be a good idea.

thats my opinion...

Suspect

I understand what you're saying. :) Believe me, I've downloaded some multi season TV show .torrents. :wacko: The problem is that settings Highest/High/Normal or High/Normal/Low as some clients do is not part of the bt protocol.

Now what would happen if a lot of people do this or God forbid everyone was downloading the .torrent like that? It would seriously slow down the swarm. This is where the problem arises because the bt algorithm is designed to download & upload pieces by speed & availability.

To make it simple, I don't know about most other networks but Fast Track used to download files first to last. And for me it was slow as molasses with both downloading and uploading.

I agree with dark, it would slow down the torrent considerably. This is why I don't select files if possible.

Torrents are designed to download all files together, and if everyone did this, the torrent may never finish.

Suspect

... ic, that would indeed be, messed up XD

*changes his torrents' config to not Disable any of the episodes within*

You explained it very nicely, worthy of being in a faq or something. A warning could say somewhere in the site or... somewhere, "Avoid disabling files within torrents when possible because [reasons stated in this topic], which affects overall speed", it would be for the better good I think, many more ppl could be doing that unconciously like I was.

Well, Thanks a lot for the help ^^