To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

sharing violations

johngalt630

I ran BitComet overnight and found it had shut down because of an error.

When I now try to start BC up again, only uploading files works. Any download task I start gives a sharing error with one of the files in the corresponding download directory.

I'm going to try re-booting because I think the files were not 'released' when BC crashed last night. But, any constructive help would be welcome.

johngalt630

Even though I, personally, can't help you, don't you think that posting this 3 time within the same hour is two too many? :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion - perhaps you could provide a bit more info, with regards as to which version of BC you're using, O/S, etc. ...

Be patient. I'm sure that someone will be able to provide you with 'constructive help' soon. :)

Regards,

cassie

Yes, multiple posting will get a warning, as our moderators have enough work already trying to reply to every post, so don't need to spend time deleting duplicate posts.

My first thought is this is one of many windows file protection errors. I have disabled this (pain is a$$ feature), but only recomend doing this if you know the risks. I also suspect it will be fine when you reboot your pc.

please do so and report.

Suspect