To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MDF + MDS file burning

Meverick

I'm a newbie to burning games and would appreciate some help with a torrent I've downloaded.The torrent is Final Fantasy Xll from torrentbox.In the torrent there's 2 files- MDS file 5 KB + MDF file 3,969,856 KB. Could anyone tell me how to burn these files or tell me a link to a tutorial as I'm sure I've seen a tutorial before but can't remember where.I use Nero 6 Reloaded,Ashampoo burning studio,DVD Decryptor,DVD Shrink.Any detailed help would be appreciated.thanks in advance.... :blink:

this is a disc image made with Alcohol 120%.

You can burn to a disc, or mount in a virtual drive with alcohol.

I believe you can download a free trial version direct from the company, or download from any major torrent site.

Suspect

this is a disc image made with Alcohol 120%.

You can burn to a disc, or mount in a virtual drive with alcohol.

I believe you can download a free trial version direct from the company, or download from any major torrent site.

Suspect

I might have to try Alcohol.But cant i use any of the programs i mentioned( rather not add anymore programs if not neccasery)

Deamon tools will mount alcohol disc images in virtual drive.

I strongly advise getting alcohol, as more and more torrents are using their disc images. There are also many types of discs that the other programs can't burn (mostly games like ps2 and xbox and such I think).

However, its been reported that some alcohol disc images can be burnt with nero if you rename the file extensions. Make the large file .bin, and the smaller one .cue.

I'm told this works, but I still recommend using alcohol. Plus, most games you can run without burning when you use a virtual drive, making the read time 200times faster.

Suspect

Downloaded Alcohol 120% and burnt the file to DVD.Now on the disc there is 10 IRX files,SYSTEM speeddial file,PAD2 file with more IRX files inside.WTF does anyone know what these are/is this a normal/usual DVD.I've not seen this before.If this is normal what do i do now.

It's perfectly normal... for any PS2 game. If you were after the PC version, you grabbed the wrong torrent, and need to make sure in future of exactly what you're downloading.

Thanks for putting me right(PS2 game-not PC).I just wish people would state this on all their uploads,most are well described but this one wasn't,I'd searched only for PC games on the torrent site i used.Anyway so am i right to say that if the files are MDF/MDS these are PS2 games....or could they still be PC format....

many pc games are mdf/mds files.

Alcohol has become one of the major disc image types since they can reproduce so many varied types of discs that other programs can't.

Best bet is to get your torrents from private torrent sites, or semi private sites such as demoniod.

Many sites such as this remove any bad torrents, and ban members who post bad stuff

Suspect

T.U.S can you help me and others out with a torrent from Demonoid? Leatherface The Chainsaw Massacre.......once downloaded the filename ends in avi.torrent. Windows media player will play it manually but no burning software will recognise it.Any chance you could check it out and throw any light on the subject....PC's are showing it as a 700mb Bitcomet file...I'm starting to lose patience with bad uploads....thanks...

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

You should really learn to read the comments at the bottom of the page. They talk about this being ripped into avi format from the DVD. Just run it through Nero Recode and remember to disable the directors comentary.

And next time please just paste the url of the page in the post.

You should really learn to read the comments at the bottom of the page. They talk about this being ripped into avi format from the DVD. Just run it through Nero Recode and remember to disable the directors comentary.

And next time please just paste the url of the page in the post.

Thanks but i allways read the comments thats why i put this post on here.A lot of peers seemed to be having trouble with this torrent.

Sorry about that my connection was having problems as you could tell by the double post and not finishing what I was saying. :)

Do you need any type of help with converting that? Since the person who converted and posted it didn't know what they were doing.

I'd love soma help mate,I have Nero recode but I've never used it.As you can tell I'm pretty new to burning movies and games,but learning all the time...one other thing that was bugging me about this torrent,why when downloaded is it showing as a 700Mb Bitcomet file,(as in a torrent file).

I gather from reading the posts is you just need to rename the file, by removing the .torrent, leaving it as a file.avi

However, it may then play with the commentary.

Some players, like media player classic may let you select which audio track to play, but if you want to burn it to a format to play in your dvd player, you will have to reencode the video.

If you like to learn things, then this is good learning expirence, if not, I would just find another download, or settle for watching it on your PC

Suspect

I gather from reading the posts is you just need to rename the file, by removing the .torrent, leaving it as a file.avi

However, it may then play with the commentary.

Some players, like media player classic may let you select which audio track to play, but if you want to burn it to a format to play in your dvd player, you will have to reencode the video.

If you like to learn things, then this is good learning expirence, if not, I would just find another download, or settle for watching it on your PC

Suspect

I find this a good learning experience,I hope I dont come across as a winging a**.As you can apreciate I'm new to torrents and burning.Just trying to muddle my way through.Thanks for all the comments.