To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

PC to disc. Whats the best programme??

kenster197

A fully updated version of Nero recode set to 2 passes actually does a good job. You can also try Slysoft CloneDVD2. But these programs still perform transcodeing. Stay away from DVD Shrink its very old.

If you're intent on shinking the file you can either Recode it using DVD Rebuilder and HC or CCE.

A better method is getting a DVD Player that will play Divx or Mp4(Mpeg4) as the DVD format (Mpeg2) is very old and outdated. With one of these players you can encode the movie to Divx/Xvid/MP4 and watch it on your TV with no quality loss and many episodes on one disc.

I'm going to sound really stupid here BUT, I dont know how to set nero to 2 passes, not actually sure what that means, and I have Divx on my PC, never used it, but can I copy a film straight onto a disc using that programme if my DVD player is suitble to play it

Cheers

Kenster

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

i use the divx program all the time. as long as your DVD player is compatible all you have to do is burn it in nero as a DATA CD or DATA DVD. If you do DVD you can fit about 5 movies on one disc. and the quality is great, as long as the source file is good!

Most DVD players will NOT play Divx/Xvid encoded files.

Although most will play KVCD

Suspect

I'm going to sound really stupid here BUT, I dont know how to set nero to 2 passes, not actually sure what that means, and I have Divx on my PC, never used it, but can I copy a film straight onto a disc using that programme if my DVD player is suitble to play it

Cheers

Kenster

That is an option in Nero Recode when transcoding a DVD to fit on a DVD5. Two passes means better quality but it takes longer.

Just to add to the info. Nero really sucks for burning disc images and don't even try to burn a dual layer image with it.

Get Alcohol 120% or the awesome freeware Imgburn (formally DVD Decrypter) to burn disc images.