To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet consumes all my system memory !

Jago

Hi,

I have P4 with memory of 256 MB of SDRAM and I noticed that BitComet consumes nearly all my system memory, so my PC slows down :( But I don't understand why the Min free phys. memory is not respected (50 MB) ?

and what is the relation between the consomation of disc cache (which is 6MB in this case) and the Phys. memory (which is distinctly more than 6MB) ?

When I do this test, I only used BitComet, Firefox and MSN messanger (chat only).

ScreenShot:

sanstitrelx5.jpg

Hi,

It appears you have very little physical memory availble.

I suggest you open task manager (cont. alt. delete) keys, then look at "processes" tab and you can see what program/s are usin most of your memory.

It might be firefox thats using up your memory, but you can check. On my system, I installed a mod that speeds up firefox, and it made it super fast, however it now uses an incredable amount of memory (as high as 350mb). Howevre this computer has plenty of ram, so I'm not concerned about this.

Suspect

ps. Thanks for your help in the french section. my translator is often busy so its hard for me to reply in a timely mannor. If your willing to help out by translating posts now and then, we would be grateful.

Please check and report what programs are using the most memory, and how much bit comet is using in task manager.

Please check and report what programs are using the most memory, and how much bit comet is using in task manager.

Well, I checked and I found that the three biggest consumers of memory are:

1- firefox.exe: 70 MB.

2- BitComet.exe: 40 MB.

3- explorer.exe: 10 MB.

Firefox is known for using huge amounts of memory. It's had memory leaks for years. BitComet uses a high speed cache system that uses system memory. So if you've got a big download or a few running it will use a lot of memory. You can change this in the settings, read our settings guide if you need help. Explorer.exe is the Windows GUI.