To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I have no upload speed

Paramore

OK so i'm completely clueless when it comes to these things but I have made a torrent and submitted it to search engines , people are trying to download it but i feel terrible because It has the orange upload arrow but i dont see any upload speed. How can i start getting the KB's going so people can get my download?

PLease help me.

Torrents aren't generally submitted to search engines. No reason they can't be, but no reason to do so either. It's completely orthogonal.

You do have to have a tracker for the torrent, and most people use one of the many public trackers available for the purpose. You will need to include the tracker url as you create your torrent. Once it's created, you need to upload the torrent to the tracker site. When that has successfully completed, it will take some time to process, but usually less than 15 minutes.

Once that's done, others will be able to download that torrent from the tracker site, load it into their clients, and then you'll see people connecting to you.

Thanks for the reply but it seems to be different , the torrent is correct. I used a demonoid tracker and submitted it to varios torrent sites. The problem is no one can download it because my upload speed is 0. But when Im downloading other torrents and uploading at the same time i get 9kb more or less when i upload. I have a very slow broadband but surely i would be able to upload a torrent.

Once you've uploaded the torrent to the tracking site, you need to set the task to seeding. At first you won't see any activity on it, until people discover the listing on the tracker, download the torrent, and load it into their clients. Only after that will you finally see any upload activity.

You do need to start the uploading task as soon as you've sent the torrent, because many people will see it and download it to try -- so if you aren't already running your seed task, they'll find that the torrent is unseeded, and just delete it.

Hey, I am having the same problem. I created the and submitted the torrent (to demonoid as well), I started the upload in BitComet. However it just doesnt upload at any reasonable speed. I want my torrent to spread. It stays at somewhere below 10kB, and usually not even that high. I download with great speed's though, and I upload my downloads with great speeds too. I checked my settings but all seems to be in order. Please help.

regarding demoniod, you must include their "text" file (torrent downloaded from Demoniod). If you don't have this file, the tracker will refuse it.

This might be the case with the first member. Regarding the second, if it is in fact uploading, and you are running multiple torrents (which is a very bad idea), then by default the seeding task is set to low priority. Try setting it to high priority.

Suspect