To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

shrink files

for_the_buzz

The problem is that audio quality suffers when you do that, so it's not a good general practice. If you are doing it, you should definitely say so in the torrent comments, so that others know what they're getting.

Ah not really.Unless your unbelievably picky when it comes to music lowering your bit rate frm say 160, 192 or even as far as 320 down to 128 doesnt really change the sound quality that much that the ear can hear it.Im a big music man.I record my own stuff with music software etc and pretty much always use 128.otherwise id have no space left.

if u try it for yourself.Get the same song convert it from 320 to 128 have the 2 files and play them both and c if you can hear any difference,

I bet unless u have a really good trained music ear u will hear no difference.

Anyway as i said earlie was just an idea to lower time downloading.

Cheers

I agree that if yur uploading songs it should be told what bit rate they are.Not many ppl do tho.

Also I have creative sound blaster Audigy2 with 7.1 surround sound.Im in a band, i record music and really and truely for the majority of ppl with there pc sound cards and speakers 128bit rate is perfectly fine.

And as i keep sayin it was just an idea its not somethin that im Tellin ppl to do and i never said it shouldnt be told to ppl what the bit rate is.

Dont get yur knickers in a jaysis knot :D

alot of people are using "flac" now, which is higher qualtiy then mp3.

I have some of my music in both mp3 and flac, but if storage space is a problem, then I can see why you would want a lower bitrate.

However, since this topic is in NO way related to bitcomet client, I am moving this to the Lounge...

Suspect

*topic moved*

alot of people are using "flac" now, which is higher qualtiy then mp3.

I have some of my music in both mp3 and flac, but if storage space is a problem, then I can see why you would want a lower bitrate.

However, since this topic is in NO way related to bitcomet client, I am moving this to the Lounge...

Suspect

*topic moved*

Quite a few years ago when I was downloading off the original Napster with my dial-up connection 128 KB/s was acceptable quality. Now I won't download any music less than 192 KB/s or flac (I can convert to MP3 after I have the files). I have ears that are probably older than most people on this site, and I can hear how bad most music files encoded at 128 KB/s sound.

I agree with for_the_buzz.there really isn't any need for music files to be any higher bit rate.

A) the sound quality is fine

B) IF its not for any individual just convert it to a higher bit rate after you down load it

C) With lower bit rate its much quicker of a download.

why would any1 upload music files at 320 bit rate with a file size twice as big as 128.its just 2 big and pointless.

Also agree that flac files are now in 2.good quality.