To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

General Opinions/ Recommendations on ISP's

pjhaahl

Hi everyone.

Was just after a few opinions on ISP's as I am thinking about making a change.

At the moment I have a work supplied deal which is 1M down 256K up, via a BT Line.

Have a problem in that I am so far from an exchange apparently, that my line is only just stable at 1M and I cannot expect any better. Ive been told if I subscribe to any of the up to services i could end up with only 512K so I opted for a fixed 1M rather than one which dynamically adjusts.

Ive been looking at telewest, as I know that cable is available in my area and I saw this as an alternative to being stuck with the BT Line. The only downside I could see to this is though they have a 10M service, the upload is only 384k

Could anyone offer their opinions on Telewest, or recommend any alternative options to look at

Thanks

Most ISPs here in the usa give much more download, compared to upload.

I would love to have less download, more upload, but most do not offer it. I guess I should be greatful that they don't throttle bit torrent.

Suspect

in some countries is legal for the police to break into youre house if you download 2 much from the internet... some ISP could hack into youre systems, my ISP always hacked into my computer and saw what I was dwonloading... but thanks 2 zone alaram my problem ended...