To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet wont download

to6kata

yesterday i downloaded 0.77

since then i haven't downloaded a Kb

bitcomet wont start downloading anything

...i download the torrent file, open it, the task appears in bitcomet and that's all

it wont start downloading

i tried with some other torrents... the same thing again and again

pls help

If you have a firewall, did you allow both inbound and out bound connections?

If you didn't, the firewall will treat the new version (v. 0.70) as a new program, so you'll have to "inform the firewall" (make new rules for it). The easiest way is to delete the existing rule, and make a new rule.

Regards,

cassie

Same thing happened to me, except it happened to be BEFORE I upgraded to 0.77. I got version 0.77, still no downloading. I uninstalled all BitComet programs, then re-installed BitComet 0.70, and still have no downloads. 0.70 doesn't work for me either.

Could it be something else?

As cassie has said, this could be your firewall blocking bit comet. Some firewalls will see that the program has changed, and prompt you to grant access, others will give no warning, they will simply not allow it, then when you look at your firewall, you see bit comet is allowed, however, it is a different version that it refers to.

If you still cannot download, look on your "trackers" tab, and see what error messages are present.

Also, be sure you are using an active torrent.

Suspect

If you have a firewall, did you allow both inbound and out bound connections?

If you didn't, the firewall will treat the new version (v. 0.70) as a new program, so you'll have to "inform the firewall" (make new rules for it). The easiest way is to delete the existing rule, and make a new rule.

Regards,

cassie

I have Windows Firewall and it is, and always has been, turned off.

The Torrent I'm trying to download claims to have 1000 seeders and 4000 leechers.