To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Total downloaded much more then total file size

wlmrulez

Hi there guys,

Ive noticed on most of my downloads, the total downloaded amount is always much more than the total file size mentioned on the torrent info in bitcomet. why is this so?

does frequent connecting and disconnecting of the download contribute to this? it can be few MBs more for small files and sometimes run up to few hundred MBs more if its larger file.

this is really taking up precious download time for me. would appreciate some help or suggestion to minimize this. thanks.

There is always some additional downloading (overhead), such as comunication with tracker/peers. If you enable "dht" this will be higher.

There is also sometimes discarded data, either pieces that fail hash check, or duplicate data. If your client is configured properly, you should not get a lot of this.

Suspect

There is always some additional downloading (overhead), such as comunication with tracker/peers. If you enable "dht" this will be higher.

There is also sometimes discarded data, either pieces that fail hash check, or duplicate data. If your client is configured properly, you should not get a lot of this.

Suspect

Yes i checked my settings and the DHT Network is enabled..what is this function for and what will happen if i disable it? will it improve my downloads?

DHT finds peers. Nothing more nothing less.

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=3375

so should i disable it? i dont mind if it slows down my downloads a little cos im running on an office network and i have to throttle my downloads to an absurdly low level before the administrator comes knocking on my door anyway..

so..any advice on what to do? basically i just don wanna waste time downloading unnecessary stuff...cos i have to limit my download speed all the time.