To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[Idea] Compressed Connection

Ytys Vynsan

Hey, well the idea is simple, to compress the peer to peer connection for increased speed of both downloads and uploads for all peers downloading. If made this will also mean that bitcomet will be the only solfware that supports a compressed connection. The idea has been used on solfware already eg FileVilla which is a ftp downlaod client as well as ftp server. Which compresses the data/connection by anythink up to 33% the top i have seen. I have no idea how this could be done or coded so i will have a look around for some more information. Even a small % of compressed connection would make all the differnts.

Thanks For Reading, Ytys Vynsan

Compression is being overused, if anything. Most contemporary audio and video formats can't be compressed any further than they already are, yet people still put them into RAR files, which just wastes time without any benefit. Most other types of files do benefit from compression but are also almost always compressed into archives first. So trying to compress on the fly isn't going to do enough good to make the overhead pay for itself.