To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Total Downloaded = 5.60 GB but Total File Size is only 350 Mb

rchristai

• 2 weeks later...

Size downloaded does not match up! Total Downloaded = 5.60 GB but Total File Size is only 350 Mb

Please tell me what is wrong with it and how can I solve the problem? I have been downloading the damn file for weeks and it kept downloading junk.

Can someone please answer me or help me? I have been waiting for something about this problem for week.

Can someone please answer me or help me? I have been waiting for something about this problem for week.

could it be that you've stopped and started the file between start and completion a few times and that maybe it couldn't finish a certain part and went out to download the piece again to cause the higher download then the set download size.

just a thought??

Hi,

I'm sorry this topic was overlooked. If your post isn't answered within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM.

One thing I'm not sure about is if you really downloaded all that data, or if there is a problem with the stats being corrupt.

In any case, I really think you should go back to version .70 (our latest stable version).

Also, The "bug report section" is designed for reporting bugs, not really for requesting assistance, so this may be the reason your post was overlooked.

Well, One of our moderators saw the post and alerted me to it.

Suspect

could it be that you've stopped and started the file between start and completion a few times and that maybe it couldn't finish a certain part and went out to download the piece again to cause the higher download then the set download size.

just a thought??

well, i am using version 0.7 and i also observe this same issue. last night when i check a video file i download, the total download size is about 1.4G but the file size is only about 950M. Really don't know what happen to those missing 450MB data and it is really wasting bandwdith if this download size is correct.

You're using version 0.77, which isn't a stable one, instead of 0.70, which is.

"Total downloaded", hmm. Total of what? You're assuming that it's "total downloaded FOR THIS TORRENT", which I'm not at all sure is true. The metric isn't documented as far as I know, so also doesn't say whether that includes overhead or not (and there's a lot of overhead for negotiating piece swaps, updates and so forth between swarm members).

So I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that it's not clear that there's a definite problem here.

And yes, we would have seen this much sooner if it had been posted in the help forum.

Best thing to do is compare the stats of yer BitComet with those provided by your ISP... I'm sure your ISP has a service- or customer's page where you can see the transfer of any given period, usually devided in monthly transfers/hours connected.

When your ISP transfer amount is way below what shows in your client, the client's stats are corrupt.

I think the latter is more plausible, since the average download speed indicates 13kB, in a span of 21hrs.

There's no way you could have gotten over 5GB of data with that speed in such a timespan ;)

JJ