To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DL rate either 0 or very slow. HELP plz

I just format my comp and don't know why suddenly my download rate drop to 0 or less than 3kb/sec.

Before i format my comp, it was quite fast, around 80 - 100kb/sec. But now... My upload rate also not moving either although i set half of my download rate which is 40kb/sec. The seed is okie.

I not using any router either. My modem model is D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

I got read the post about portforwarding and i used that portforward website test to test my port. the trustealth analysis is failed, Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED), Unsolicited Packets: PASSED and

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED). But my port status is open. I am wondering what happen here. Can any1 help please?

Sorry, i did posted this in another section (Torrent question). I don't know where i suppose to post it cause i am just a beginner. xD

This is not a modem it is an ethernet adapter.

What do you plug this ethernet adapter into?

Also what antivirus / firewall do you use???

Aztech high speed modem?

AVG anti virus free edition as well as window xp sp2 fire wall.

My upload rate also not moving either although i set half of my download rate which is 40kb/sec.

Dont just set the upload cap at half your download speed, you need to figure out your proper upload cap. Read Bitcomet Settings Help in my sig.

Have you opened Bitcomet's port in the SP2 firewall or did you just add Bitcomet to the exceptions list? Did you have Bitcomet running when you tried the port test?

• 2 weeks later...

When you reinstall the OS after a format, all of your settings including IP setup and firewall, revert to default. That means your listen port will probably be blocked. You need to open it.