To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

why cannot open bitcomet?

tian

Sorry I'm not so good in English. :sorry: :( :( :(

I have been using BitComet in an old computer. It worked well. Last week, I bought a new computer. After the installation of BitComet on my new computer, I was unable to open BitComet. why?

:( :( :( :( :(

Some how I gained the will power not to make a sarcasic remark here.

Why don't you give us more information like, what OS you're using, what security software, is your copy of windows fully updates?

windows xp media center edition, version 2002, sevice pack 2

i use F-secure anti-virus 2007, my copy of windows is fully updated

windows xp media center edition, version 2002, sevice pack 2

i use F-secure anti-virus 2007, my copy of windows is fully updated

i have the same problem... but just tht i hv this window which says "port no. 62122 cab be opened" or something like dat. ..and it wont run.

oh it eats up my CPU usage as well.. i ctrl-alt-del and still can see bitcomet.exe in the processes.

Don't tell us, "something like that". If you can't remember, write it down.

Tian, what happens when you try to start BitComet? Error? Nothing? Blue screen of death? Computer blows up and catches fire? What?

Don't tell us, "something like that". If you can't remember, write it down.

Tian, what happens when you try to start BitComet? Error? Nothing? Blue screen of death? Computer blows up and catches fire? What?

when i click on it, nothing come out. <_< <_<

Sorry, that doesn't tell me a thing. When you click on WHAT? What were you expecting to happen that did not happen?

We can't read your mind here. We need more information than you're apparently willing to give.

Sorry, that doesn't tell me a thing. When you click on WHAT? What were you expecting to happen that did not happen?

We can't read your mind here. We need more information than you're apparently willing to give.

when i click on the bitcomet icon, nothing happened. it should be the screen(i don't know how to explain :sorry: )

click here to see the picture

Hi members.

Now that I know you are using version .76, I can offer some help.

If you will notice, I posted an announcement on the top of this section called READ THIS before you post. In that message, the version of bit comet was one thing I asked members to include in their post.

Our new client (starting with version .71) had some serious problems. Our developers are working hard to improve it (hence the many updates that have been released).

We are recommending members that have problems with the new client, go back to version .70 (latest stable version).

If you like the new client, then I recommend trying the newest version (.79 at this time).

I hope this explains the situation to your satisfaction. Please remember that we can help you better when you provide the information regarding your system.

Suspect

I have read that post and I have tried to use version 7.0, it can be opened, but cannot download anything.

that picture is taken on my old computer. NOT my new one.

(Mod Edit - You do not have to quote an entire post, if it is directly above yours)

Edited by cassie (see edit history)