To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Why is this happening?O.O

Khrys21

Hey....I started using bitcomet.....this is my second torrent this problem happens to.....the file size is supposed to be about 377mb and I downloaded already 420mb......and bitcomet is saying that I have more 150 to download.....could someone please tell me what to do......cause the program is downloading more than i'm supposed to.....I don't understand the reason.....T.T......I selected a file among 4 of a list within a torrent........thanks.....o/

the torrent is basically downloading some bad (or rubbish) data (don't worry, i don't mean virus's or anything like that!!!) i mean; as you are downloading a piece of the torrent, ur client will check if its all there, and not corrupt, if its not all there, then its whats known as a "failed hash check", once this has happened, ur client will automatically re download the piece.

this is why ur downloading more than the file size.

hope this helps :D

If you continue to get a lot of rubbish data, there could be a problem with your connection, or there could be peers intentionally sending bad data, in this case, peer guardian could help.

Also, when selecting only part of a torrent, you will need to download parts of the files your not downloading, this cannot be avoided. this however would not be enough to explain the numbers you report though.

I suggest you read the announcement on the top of this forum, the one thats says READ THIS before you post.

Then when you reply with the basic info, also include a screenshot of the torrent details for us to review.

Suspect

Hey,

sorry for not showing a screenshot about this......I attached it here so u can see for yerself....well, I said it is the second torrent this problem is happening to.....so I though it could bo a problem with the program itself......is'nt it logical? xD Thanks for answering me so fast.....I have two more questions: if I continue the download, will it end normally? or if I rename the original file extension (from ".bc!" to ".rar"), could it work?

Thanks......^^

post-19248-1165143345.jpg

Changing the extension won't help at all.

This is an option, settable in your preferences, where BitComet simply adds the ".bc!" extension to any file that hasn't completed downloading. That's all it does, a simple rename, and it's done so you can easily spot unfinished files in a directory listing. BitComet removes the extra extension when the download completes. You can turn that behavior off if you prefer. It has no effect on the contents of the file.