iNdiSoUL

hey

am usin

BITCOMET 0.97

WIN XP PRO SP 1

CABLE/LAN connection

some downloads are fast with less seeders at 15 kbps

an downloads with many seeders with only 3 kbps

one download was at 15kbps sum days bac but with the same number of seeders is 3 kbps now

wat cud be the problem.

plzz help....

Thanx.

First, I assume you meant version 0.79, since 0.97 doesn't exist. It's not a stable version, so you should downgrade to 0.70 and stay with it until a later stable version is released.

Download speed depends on the dynamics of the swarm. This is the huge, overwhelmingly big factor in speed, and it's the one nobody can control. It takes the optimum balance and numbers of seeders and leechers, and good connectivity for all of them, to get fast downloads.

Nope. The swarm is composed of people who are interested in those particular contents, it's nothing like a server waiting for you to download from it. If you choose popular torrents (and avoid the poisoned ones) you'll get good speeds most of the time. If you join private trackers, you'll often get better speeds from them for what material they have, but you're required to upload a lot to keep your ratio up.

If you like obscure stuff nobody's interested in, you just have to live with the slow speeds from tiny swarms.

Nope. The swarm is composed of people who are interested in those particular contents, it's nothing like a server waiting for you to download from it. If you choose popular torrents (and avoid the poisoned ones) you'll get good speeds most of the time. If you join private trackers, you'll often get better speeds from them for what material they have, but you're required to upload a lot to keep your ratio up.

If you like obscure stuff nobody's interested in, you just have to live with the slow speeds from tiny swarms.

now i am usin 0.70 an i am downloading popular torrents wich hav a health of around 3000%

but still no luck

gettin really slow speed....

now i am usin 0.70 an i am downloading popular torrents wich hav a health of around 3000%

but still no luck

gettin really slow speed....

See to it that in the settings of your bitclient, the "Max Upload Speed" doesn't exceed what you *really* have as a maximum.

Let's say you have a max upload (or upstream) of 512kb, as provided by your ISP.

In reality, that 512kb will be around 400kb. Now, when you have 2 tasks running and you have set both tasks to a max upload of 400kb, you will strangle your bandwidth, both up *and* down, as your bitclient will try to give 2x400=800kbps ;)

Always divide your max upload speed by the number of tasks you have running to not strangle your connection...

You also must take into consideration that your download speed depends on the upload speeds of the peers you are connected to. If most of those peers upload at a trickle, you can't expect to get huge download speeds.

JJ