To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

general question for newbie

dolphreak

hey guys..newbie for both bitcomet and torrents.

im running bitcomet 0.70 on windows xp 2000 and using demonoid as my torrent site.

i am firewalled using win srvc pk 2.

my question is this..when i try to upload a torrent on demonoid i get a message that says:address changed please make sure you are using new address(port 3595).

where do i go to change it.i'm assuming it has to do with the tracker url.

do i have to add the tracker url to the file i want to torrent or do i add it to where it says name?

any help wpould be greatly appreciated.........dolphreak

When you make your torrent, you need to be sure you have used the new announce url port number that demoniod is using.

example

http://inferno.demonoid.com:3394/announce

must be changed to

http://inferno.demoniod.com:3595/announce

for new torrents.

Rather then attempt to edit the torrent, I would just start over making it, and be sure to use the correct url.

Suspect

It's good practice to habitually check for new addresses, since Demonoid and others periodically change. When you're about to create a new torrent, visit the site and get the current address, every time.

When you make your torrent, you need to be sure you have used the new announce url port number that demoniod is using.

example

http://inferno.demonoid.com:3394/announce

must be changed to

http://inferno.demoniod.com:3595/announce

for new torrents.

Rather then attempt to edit the torrent, I would just start over making it, and be sure to use the correct url.

Suspect

thanks guys. that got me one step closer lol. now it tells me invalid entry in dictionary. do you guys have any suggestions for that?

thanks for your time. im sure it gets frustrating answering the same questions all day.

dolphreak

where are you getting this message?

I suggest that you take a few minutes to detail the exact steps you used, and include screenshots of anything that can't be described easily, and for all error messages.

Suspect

where are you getting this message?

I suggest that you take a few minutes to detail the exact steps you used, and include screenshots of anything that can't be described easily, and for all error messages.

Suspect

hear goes nothing..i zipped several songs with winrar and then put that rar into a folder. i then went to demonoid and clicked upload torrent. i clicked and saved the blue file into the folder that contains the rard songs.

i then went to bitcomet 0.70 ver. clicked on create. i clicked on browse to find the rard folder for the source file. i then selected the{directory(multi-files)} option.(what it said in the video from maverick). the piece size i left {auto}. i left the{network type}as enable public dht network.

the tracker server and dht node list i left blank(where i get confused as i dont know what to put).

at the bottom it says output(generate.torrent file) then i click browse and find the above mentioned rar folder and hit ok. then the song.zip shows up in bitcomet with a pause in front of it.

i then go back to demonoid and select the category. the quality(i put above mp3256).

then i browse till i find the file with the bitcomet symbol in front of it(this goes in the {torrent file} space).

under that it shows the tracker urls. (between the {torrent file}space and the {tracker urls} is where i get the invalid entry in dictionary message.

then i type in the name space...misc.jimi hendrix(example)

i type in a breif description and click finish upload.

note i get the error message only after i finish the upload.

i appologize for no screenshots as i dont know how to do that

thanks....dolphreak

Ok, this is pretty easy to fix. If you're not trying to create a trackerless torrent (I haven't gotten this to actually work with anything except Azureus), then you have to specify the tracker URL(s). This you can copy from the Demonoid upload page (as you saw), and just past it into the "tracker server" box, before you create your torrent.

You don't need to specify DHT nodes, as the network will take care of that automatically.

Ok, this is pretty easy to fix. If you're not trying to create a trackerless torrent (I haven't gotten this to actually work with anything except Azureus), then you have to specify the tracker URL(s). This you can copy from the Demonoid upload page (as you saw), and just past it into the "tracker server" box, before you create your torrent.

You don't need to specify DHT nodes, as the network will take care of that automatically.

thanks kluelos. i believe that worked but when i hit "finish upload" my ie shutdown. i believe the file still went through because now its in my "seeding only" file on my bitcomet. im reading up on the "how to take screenshots" guide. iv'e all but gone to imageshack due to lack of time. as soon as i complete it i'll try to post the error message.

Take a look at the Trackers tab for the seeding torrent and see what the tracker is saying. If the upload didn't work the tracker should say it doesn't have any such torrent. If it did work, the tracker should give a normal response without an error.

Take a look at the Trackers tab for the seeding torrent and see what the tracker is saying. If the upload didn't work the tracker should say it doesn't have any such torrent. If it did work, the tracker should give a normal response without an error.

the tracker tab on bitcomet? down there with summary,files,peers?

i clciked on it and it has 2 things: 1.it has the "http//demonoid(the port number address for the site) number of retries,time left(stopped),status 10:31:tracker response error torrent deleted or not in pool yet go to..(i can't see the rest.something about demonoid

2.dht network 0 retries time left(about 11 mins and counting)

is there a guide that explains what all the symbols mean? obviously i recognize the pause symbol and the green download arrow. in my seed only there is a oranges arrow(i assume that is a file that i have downloaded and am now seeding for others to upload. also im looking for the ratio..is it between the seed/peerand the health?)

You got a response from the Demonoid tracker, and it says, basically, "I nevva heard of this torrent". (That's the "deleted or not in pool" bit.)

That means that your upload failed, or it hasn't been processed yet (it takes the tracker a short time to process and add an uploaded torrent, usually just a few minutes.) If it's been more than about 20 minutes since you uploaded the torrent, then you can safely figure that your upload failed, and you need to try to upload it again.

The orange arrow indicates that BC is *trying* to upload, but not necessarily that it's succeeding in doing so.

Try looking here.

Follow the link and download the video tutorial.(Sorry I see you already did this)

The video should be easy to follow.Watch it again pausing while you follow it step by step.Your missing something along the way.

Here's a step-by-step to create and seed a torrent on Demonoid, using BitComet. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt to other sites and other clients.

Gather your information

• Browse to the demonoid front page and click "Upload a Torrent"
  • Click on the link to download the current "Tracked by" info file to your hard disk, and REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAVED IT.
  • Check the "I understand and agree" box, and select any category, then click "Next Step"
  • On the next page, copy the tracker urls for the demonoid trackers and paste them into a new notepad document, or put them somewhere you can get them later.
  • Click your browser's "Back" button, and minimize the browser (or just close the browser, we're done for now.)

Prep your torrent

• Place all the files to be uploaded into a single directory, by themselves. Do this even if it's just a single file.Do not place plain audio or video files into a zip or rar archive, this is just a waste of everyone's time and won't make the download any smaller.
  • Add the "Tracked by" info file you downloaded above, to that directory.(and if you're using multiple trackers, any files other trackers require).

Create your torrent

• Select "Create torrent" from BitComent's menu or icon.
  • Click "From directory" from the torrent creation window
  • Browse to the directory where you've placed the files
  • Copy the Demonoid tracker url(s) you grabbed earlier into the "Tracker Server and DHT Network Node List" box, making sure these are correct. ( Please note that any url for bitcomet.net is just an example, and that bitcomet.net does NOT have a public tracker, so delete that if it's there.
  • Leave the network type as the default "Enable Public DHT network" (Since this is a public torrent to a public tracker, you should enable DHT. If you're uploading to a private tracker somewhere that hates DHT or PEX, go ask THEM for help.)
  • In the "Output" section, check "Generate .torrent file", and browse to the directory where you want it created. (I suggest your default torrent directory.)
  • Click "OK" and wait a while as the torrent is being created. A progress bar at the bottom of the BitComet window tells you how you're doing.

Check and load your new torrent

• When torrent creation is finished, use Windows Explorer (or whatever) to verify that the .torrent file exists and is located where you think it's located on your hard disk..
  • BitComet may have attempted to load the torrent, but if it didn't, do that now. Make sure the download location is correct. Select "Seed" as the task, set to "Start Now".
  • Click the "Advanced" tab, and enable chatting, public DHT and Peer Exchange. Click OK.
  • At the main BitComet screen, your torrent should show in the list, and should be at 100%. If it's not, you've got the download location wrong and need to fix that.
    • Stop the torrent, right-click on the torrent name, and choose "Properties"
    • Navigate to the correct "Save Location" directory. This should be the directory one level ABOVE the directory containing the torrent. (If you don't understand that, fiddle with it until you get the % showing as 100%). Click OK and check your % again.

• Ignore any complaints from/about the tracker for now

Upload your torrent

• Browse again to demonoid, and click "Upload a torrent".
  • Read the rules, never hurts to make sure you aren't doing something that violates them
  • Choose the correct category for your torrent. When in doubt, choose the one most people would expect to find it in. Check the "I Understand and agree" box and click "Next Step"
  • Choose the correct subcategory and principle language for the upload. If there's more than one language, you can talk about that in the comments later.
  • Select the correct quality rating. If in doubt, please under-estimate the quality.
  • Click the "Browse" button beside "Torrent File:" and navigate to the location where your torrent file is stored. Select the file, click "OK".
  • In the "Name" field, type the name of the torrent. Make it as clear and descriptive as you can, it doesn't have to match the filename. (Here's a chance to show the world you can't spell or punctuate and your grammar's lousy.)
  • Type in a description of the torrent. In detail. Be prolix. Wax an elephant. Spill your guts.It'll have to be at least a whole 30 characters long.
  • Click "Finish Upload". If you've neglected anything Demonoid will complain, so fix it and try again. Otherwise, your torrent will be uploaded.
  • BE PATIENT. It will take some time for the tracker to add your torrent and notice that you're seeding. Go make a sandwich or something and come back in 15 to see your torrent in the list and seeding.
  • If you don't immediately see your torrent in the list, don't panic, just scroll down. You'll gain an appreciation of just how busy the tracker is and how many new torrents get uploaded. Yours is in the list somewhere.

Seed

You're done and you're seeding. Come back to Demonoid occasionally and click on "My Torrents" to see how your new torrent is doing. Don't stop seeding until there's at least one other seeder showing on the list. Check for any comments about the torrent, either to gather your well-deserved praise, or to answer any questions people may have, or to be informed of some incredibly ignorant goof you've made and need to fix.

thank you for posting those directions maverick.

i was definatly missing a step or 2 but the video did help because i had done most of what you have here.

the only thing im confused about now is the "ratio" . what determines the ratio? is it how long you seed the file? or how many files your seeding?

thanks....dolphreak

I think with most trackers the ratios have gone to pot.But basically if your ratio states 0.5 you have uploaded half of what you've downloaded.Therefore the decent thing to do when you've finished downloading something is to let the torrent carry on uploading until your ratio reaches 1.0.You will then have given to others as much as you've taken.Only right too.

Also if you don't have have good ratio the GOD of torrents lets out an almighty cry and strikes you down with a bolt of lightning. :lol: This is why the US is well known for it's thunder storms. :lol:

Ps. Demonoid forum is back up and running,if your still having probs try posting a question there.

Your client periodically reports the # of bytes uploaded, downloaded, and complete, for each torrent. The tracker, if it is so configured, stores this info and computes your ratio from that. The tracker isn't interested in what your client says the ratio is, and your client has no mechanism for reporting that anyway. (No such mechanism in the protocol). What matters, for this purpose, is the tracker's records. It's cumulative for all torrents on that tracker, whereas your client's ratios are all per torrent.

• 2 years later...

Can Anyone tell me how to play copied wii games and backup it?

I don't know how.

Pls help me.

how to play copied wii games

how to backup wii games

Mod Edit- Removed spamming link in signature - Do NOT spam in your posts (Violation of Forum Rules)

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

The topic into which you posted is three years old! That is called necroposting.

Besides, your post has nothing to do with the subject of the discussion in this topic. That is also rude.

Both actions of this kind are frowned upon, on any forum, this one being no exception. You need to read the rules of the forum before posting.

As for your question, this is primarily a BitTorrent (particularly BitComet) related forum. While it is not impossible to get help or tips regarding Wii games here, it is quite improbable. If you count on a swift solution for your problem I would advise you to head to a Wii-related forum, for questions related to those matters.

Besides, I can see you have in your signature 2 links which answer the very questions which bother you. Therefore you seem quite capable of "googling".