To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

A bit of a problem,

Chokey

Now, I haven't even used this program before, but I get the basic "Jist" of the whole thing.

Here's my problem,

I just download 'Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind' off torrentspy (Which took about 600+ megabytes) and it has given me four different files.

1. A morrowind.exe file (3.72mb)

2. A morrowind install file in MSInfo (1kb)

3. A MORROWIND.mds file (1kb)

4. A MORROWIND.mdf file (687mb)

I have no idea where to start or anything, I tried just running the .exe file and got " Aplication cannot be started yadda yadda yadda, because of binkw32.dll.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

"The Elder Scrolls III MORROWIND

Install form the iso. Ignore the cracked exe on the disk copy the seperate morrowind.exe over the installed exe then Copy the Video directory from the CD to the game directory. Play away"

Erm...

I don't really understand that.

The .mdf and .mds files are a disc image.

Download and install Alcohol 120% to either burn this to a disc, or mount the image in a virtual cdrom drive.

Then after you install this disc, you replace the .exe file with the supplyed .exe file, and you are done.

I hope this helps.

Suspect

I do that, but it keeps creating a shortcut, not replacing it.

Please think about what you are saying so we can understand you clearly.

Exactly what are you doing, and what steps???

I don't like to try and guess what steps you are doing, and offer incorrect advice, but assume you are trying to copy the .exe file into the install directory?

If so, I suggest you first rename the orignal .exe file to something like .xxx, then right click on the new .exe file, select "copy", then go to the install directory, where the old .exe file is, and right click and select "paste"

Suspect

ps. if this is not the correct operation you are attempting, then please be specific in your question.