To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help plz o.O

I downloaded some Movies and they fineshed downloading, 1 of Them wont play with bitcommet :unsure: . and they dont play with anything, like Windows Mediaplaya, VLC, Classic media play. i just saved the file onto my desktop and try'ed to play it, so maby thats why, But what should i do so i can wach it with those players? :(

Help Plz!! Thnx -Playa- ;)

Please provide more information...

We cannot read minds, and have no idea what you downloaded???

Post COMPLETE file names...

Post the COMPLETE name of torrent...

Post a link to the page where you downloaded it.

Suspect

Man, you're in wrong forum to ask such a question:

I downloaded some Movies and they fineshed downloading

well, that means that BitComet's job is done.

Since this is your first time, it's OK. Everyone starts some time.

Read this to determine what you've downloaded, and that to find what to do with these files.

I hope you won't miss right section next time ;)

What i realy want to know right now is how do i make play it with like VLC media player and stuff, like i can preview and everything but then I'l right click and save to my desktop and try to play it and it wont work, what should i do <_< And srry if this is the wrong forum.....

-Playa-

I would be glad to help you, but I asked you what files you download, and asked you to provide specific information, and you provided nothing at all???

Even though this is not related to bit comet, I can still provide alittle assistance, but you are making it impossible to help you.

Suspect

What i realy want to know right now is how do i make play it with like VLC media player and stuff, like i can preview and everything but then I'l right click and save to my desktop and try to play it and it wont work, what should i do <_< And srry if this is the wrong forum.....

It sounds like you've got some basic confusion about how things work. (But don't worry, you aren't the first. I'm getting to think this belongs in the FAQ.)

A .torrent file is a very small file that contains information about downloading other files. It's important to understand that.

Coolmovie-hotstuff.torrent does NOT contain coolmovie. (Among other things, it's far, far too small to contain anything like that.)

It contains information about downloading coolmovie. You cannot play Coolmovie-hotstuff.torrent or any other .torrent file.

You need to install a bittorrent client such as BitComet, and use it to open Coolmovie-hotstuff.torrent . The client will then start to download the torrent contents. That will usually take quite a while and the file(s) will be much larger. It is those torrent contents that, in one form or another, contain coolmovie. (They may need to be transformed first -- extracted from an archive, for example, or burned to a disk.) It is the torrent contents that can be played/watched/installed/whatever after they are downloaded with the bittorrent client.

You cannot do anything useful with a torrent file except use it to download those contents via bittorrent, with a bittorrent client.

Hey, If you really didn't understand you have to run the .torrent file to get the download, then I can understand why you didn't provide any information in your post, so I will provide some basic information for you to review.

First thing is to read this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

It explains the basics of bittorrent.

It also has links to anything you could possibly want to know regaurding bit torrent protocall.

If you want to become a torrent user, you will need to learn these things, so this is a good place to start.

If however, you DID run the torrent, and sucessfully downloaded the contents, then you MUST provide the details for us to help you.

Sincerely,

Suspect

Nvm, i found out what i wanted to know.....i started looking around at the bitcomet and found out all i had to do was push open dir to get what i wanted.......And suspect, new ppl may not know where to look to get much infermation about the files <_<

-Playa- ;)