To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

100% or not?

2rri

i'm pretty new with bitcomet. but i useally just go exploring with the program and figure out things as i go. anyway, when my downloads (music, movies, games... you name it) reaches 100% it suddenly starts "searching for peers"..... some of the files have almost all the files totally down so i understand that these might do it, but when a file has it all down i get worried. and they suddenly have a lower priority..... i would very much appreciate some help on this matter.. thank you!

i'm pretty new with bitcomet. but i useally just go exploring with the program and figure out things as i go. anyway, when my downloads (music, movies, games... you name it) reaches 100% it suddenly starts "searching for peers"..... some of the files have almost all the files totally down so i understand that these might do it, but when a file has it all down i get worried. and they suddenly have a lower priority..... i would very much appreciate some help on this matter.. thank you!

seeding only tasks auto shift to low priority

its not unusual for it to search for peers

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking, so will make this as simple as possible (assuming you don't understand how the bit torrent protocall works)

When your file finishes downloading, your client will continue to "upload" to others that have not reached 100%

It is important that you continue running the torrent untill you have uploaded at least as much as you have downloaded.

Bit torrent cannot work if people stop when download is finished.

Suspect

when my downloads (music, movies, games... you name it) reaches 100% it suddenly starts "searching for peers".....

[skipped by Const2k]

and they suddenly have a lower priority.....

It's OK. That's the way BitComet (BC) works.

And this way - with great simplifications - is ("keywords"):

- You choose what you want BC to get for you (".torrent file", "task").

- BitComet searches for people offering that and starts downloading it from them ("seeds"+"leechers"="peers", "tracker", "DHT network").

- After you've got some parts of it from them, your BC tells other people that you have these parts ("peer exchange").

- Someone needing these parts connects to your BC and asks it to give these to him/her ("leecher", "peers").

- Your BC uploads them parts they ask while downloading other parts from other people (simultaneously) ("peer-to-peer", "swarm")

- When there are no more parts for your BC to get (e.g. you have 100% of them) it simply continues uploading, just with lower priority (if you have 100%, "seeding")/ the same priority (if you have <100%).

Please read some FAQs on subject, this will save you (and us) some time...