To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download stuck at 98.5%???

HI all

I am downloading a file that is 4Gb. It was downloading really fast at 400kb/s but when it reached 98.5% it suddenly started to download at 0Kb/s. And now it is stuck on 98.5%. Ive tried downloading it twice but the problem still happens.

Please help as I would really like this file. :D

some torrents do this. i've had many that did it. i always just figured they were fakes. if you look at your list of peers, you'll probably see that no one else has anymore than 98.5% either. pretty suspicious when this happens, so i guess they're fakes.

Driscoll: It's not a fake, it's just the uploader/seeder that has been too lazy to upload/seed the file 100%. If the torrent is preatty new, just wait. Maybe the uploader will come back, and seed the last 2%. :)

It's quite likely a fake, they do exist and are spreading, especially for recent popular movies. It's dumb, a sort of dog-in-the-manger disruption of P2P, but I guess it's our turn now. Kazaa/Gnutella has a lot of these, and even eDonkey has quite a few.

Check the comment thread or the forum for the site where you got the torrent, to keep abreast of things like this.

But still, kluelos, it's not a fake. It's just a person that hasen't uploaded the file 100% to any leechers. You can call it a fake torrent, but actually the completed file is not a fake.