To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Poll questions about BitComet

kluelos

Which version of BitComet do you use?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of BitComet do you use most?

• The latest. one. I keep it up to date.
    • Version 1.0 or above, but not the latest one
    • A version between 0.71 and 0.99
    • Version 0.70
    • A version prior to 0.70
    • I use BitLord
  2. 2. Do you use BitComet for http/ftp/ed2k downloads?

• Yes, frequently
    • Once in a while
    • Never, I like the old ways
    • Never, I don't like BC for this.

Please take the included poll. I'm curious about what the results will be. Do most people go with the latest version? Are there many who don't? I have no idea.

If you would, reply with the version of BitComet that you do use, if it's neither the latest or 0.70

To clarify the last two answers (I ran out of room), choose first "Never" if you're just accustomed to whatever you were using before and don't see a reason to change.

Choose the second "never" if you don't like the way BitComet handles these other downloads.

• 1 month later...

The poll would not let me vote. I use the latest release, which is currently 1.15. I really like the new layout. It reminds me of other clients I tried, however BitComet was always the most stable.

[Error-[#10349] You do not have permission to vote in this poll.]

Edited by Mrwirez (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

The problem exists in the IPBoard software -- they're the people who make and sell the software that this forum runs on. (BitComet didn't write the forum software, they bought it.)

Whoever at the BitComet organization dealt with IPBoard and was the actual purchaser, is the person who is authorized to log into the IPBoard support forum and see if they have a fix for the problem.

I'm not that purchaser and I don't work for BitComet, so I can't log in to the IPBoard forums to check.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like to use http/video downloads now and then, just bc bitcomet hijacks, no not in a negative way, the url. So I'm like why not. BC can do no harm.

The only thing I never got along with is Edonkey. For the life of me, I never had any good experience with this network, and only 2 days ago I found various tutorials and for the first time I got edonkey properly configured and ready to go (servers security portforwarding everything)

I do however appreciete this integration of edonkey alongside torrents to simultaneous downloading of files (cross platform). it's easy with bitcomet once edonkey is setup properly.

Edited by LovesTheSun (see edit history)