To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Adding films or music to iPods

Hutt

You can add downloaded mp3 files just as you would with any music. I don't use an ipod, so I can't tell you specifically, but I'm sure it depends on what model of ipod you use. I recommend you read the user manual, and/or visit an ipod forum, because once the download is finished, bitcomets job is done.

Also, this has nothing at all to do with "feature request", please post questions in the proper forum.

I don't have an iPod either, but the procedure is elementary. Once you've downloaded the torrent content, you simply add the file(s) to iTunes using its File menu. It doesn't matter how the content got on to your computer.

It doesn't get much simpler, a real "read the manual" question. Is there something more to this?

I don't have an iPod either, but the procedure is elementary. Once you've downloaded the torrent content, you simply add the file(s) to iTunes using its File menu. It doesn't matter how the content got on to your computer.

It doesn't get much simpler, a real "read the manual" question. Is there something more to this?

Yes, there is a little more to this and I'm sorry to appear 'dumb'. However, when I've added the songs using 'drag & drop' they are not seen by the iPod. Although the computer sees them on the drive. I'll seek help from an iPod forum as recommended by your colleage. I can't add them to the iPod Library, because this affects my daughters songs. Sorry to have wasted your time, but thank you anyway.

Edited by Hutt (see edit history)

As I understand it, the iPod has to be specifically configured, in iTunes, before it will act as a portable disk drive properly. Until that's done, apparently just dragging and dropping the files onto it will not work -- you must go through iTunes. (This is a major reason why I don't have an iPod. A (vastly cheaper) non-Apple MP3 player can simply be plugged in, doesn't require all this gyration, doesn't force you to use iTunes, etc.

You may be able to solve your problem by using separate playlists for you and your daughter, so you may want to look into that. If I were you, I'd look at getting your non-Apple MP3 player from Amazon, though.