To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MpcStar does not play any subtitle file

T_Azam

Hi!

Recently I am having this problem with my MpcStar player,It just don't play the subtitle files anymore,Though when I load the subtitle file the on screen display shows that the subtitle load was ok but it don't show on screen along with the movie,and sometimes it says that the subtitle load failed too,(my subtitle files are in .srt format).But if I use Media Player classic that very file works all too well.

I tried reinstalling but failed to solve the problem.

PLEASE HELP with your valuable suggestion to this pestering problem of mine.

THANKS!

Hi!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone that has shown interest in helping me solve this problem.Now I shall try to answer all the queries you people have asked for.

1.I use MpcStar v:4.2

2.My OS is Windows7 ultimate.

3.Yes I have tried using a known to work .srt file but failed in the sense the player showed that the file load

was ok but the subtitles were not being played with the movie.

4.Yes I use for example..Movie.avi file and Movie.srt file. when playing movies with subtitles,and also if I

wish to burn them in a DVD.

I hope all the above info will help you in helping me solve my problem

Greywizard

:blink: Please elaborate on what you exactly mean.If it's how I choose my subtitle file then the way I do it is..On MpcStar player there is a menu named subtitle I click on it > Load subtitle > Which then takes me to the Folder where the Movie and the .srt file is saved, here only the .srt file of the Movie is displayed I click on it to select and then press the Open button so that the file gets loaded.

But my subtitle is not displayed with the movie. MY TOUGH LUCK :(

Sophia, can you talk to whoever runs the MPCStar web site, about making older versions of the player available somewhere on the download page? It would be useful in diagnosing this subtitle problem to have the customer try a previous version of MPCStar in order to discover if this is a recent bug, but previous versions aren't available for download.

• 2 months later...

Sophia, can you talk to whoever runs the MPCStar web site, about making older versions of the player available somewhere on the download page? It would be useful in diagnosing this subtitle problem to have the customer try a previous version of MPCStar in order to discover if this is a recent bug, but previous versions aren't available for download.

Previous versions are available for download if you do to apphit.com . Just search for MPC star and when you open it you can select any of the previous versions...