To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

starts automatically after the bitcomet is killed

the topic seems to be some what new because i have emerge with a problem with the new bitcomet i must be a useful thing for others but not for mine as my download is limited to 2am to 8 am i have made number of scheduled task to download my stuff i only use bitcomet as a down-loader it is the best torrent client as per my download i start bitcomet via scheduled task at 2.15 am and as my download limit is only upto 8 i need to kill the task before so for that case i have change setting in task scheduler to stop the task if runs for 5 hr 30 min in that case it will stop at 8.45 am but the new bitcomet start automatically when the task is stopped by scheduler ok after its starts all the task running in download of bitcomet stops but still it uses the internet bandwidth without running any task i have discuss about the bandwidth use in the topic from me before u can go to the topic to see the problem i want that bitcomet could solve any of my problem will be help full for me

asper in this topic if the software does not restarts after stop from scheduled task my prblem will be solved because no bitcomet no extra bandwidth usage

asper the next topic link mentioned it restarts and does not use bandwidth then no problem my bandwidth will not be used solve any of it

http://www.cometforums.com/topic/12794678-uses-bandwidth-for-no-use-even-no-task-is-downloading/page__p__53047entry53047

Okay. I'll give it a shot... (Yarragav, if this isn't what you're trying to explain, try again... but use much shorter phrases and, please, use punctuation - periods, commas, etc. . If it is what you're trying to say, then please indicate that it is so.)

The following topic, I think, is new, as I seem to be the first one with a problem using the new version of BitComet. I only use BitComet for downloading.

Although it [the Scheduler?] may be a useful feature for other users, it isn't for me, as my downloading time is limited to between 2 am. and 8 am. I have made a number of scheduled tasks, in order to download what I want.

An example: I start BitComet vía scheduled tasks at 2:15 am.. Since my downloading time is restricted to 8 am., I need to kill the download before then--> I have to change the task in the Scheduler, and create/edit it so that BitComet stops after 5 hours and 30 minutes of downloading (this will make the dowloading stop at 7:45 am.)

The new version of BitComet, however, will start automatically, when the tasks are stopped by the Scheduler. After the Scheduler stops all of the active downloading tasks, BitComet will continue to use bandwidth, even though no tasks are running.

I have already posted this matter in this thread.

All that I want is that BitComet stop using my bandwidth, when all of my tasks have been stopped.

sir ur r little bit up to the mark !!!!!

see u try at ur pc once --> goto scheduled task --> add a new task bitcomet ->> give any time any date ->after u r done with it right click on it --> click run--> bitcomet will start -->> works normally --> start any torrent task in bitcomet--> it wil start downloading ->>ok now minimize bitcomet--> right click on it -->click end task--> bitcomet will close -->but a crash report comes -->when the crash report is completed bitcomet again starts --> u see ur task is not running --->>

now i dont want this that this bitcomet starts again.....

i also told that if no task is running in bitcomet , it still uses the band width thats in the next post link

http://www.cometforums.com/topic/12794678-uses-bandwidth-for-no-use-even-no-task-is-downloading/page__p__53047entry53047

the same happen in case of scheduling a task it start & if u have given a restrited time to stop bitcomet it will end up like this restarting bitcomet

allright, now a few lessons here.

Don't type the letter "u". Type the whole word, "you". Other people who can write more fluently can say things like "u" in messages. You, however, need all of the help you can get, so don't do it. Similarly, don't use the letter "r" by itself. Type out the word, "are".

Again, other people who can write more comprehensibly than you, can afford to do things like that. You cannot.

Paragraphs, the line breaks between sentences, are of supreme importance and you must begin to include them. Punctuation is likewise important.

It's a really difficult chore to read and try to understand your written English, so please observe these rules strictly in the future.

You seem to be complaining about several different issues which aren't related to each other. While cassie's explanation seems to make some sense out of your first post, your second one comes along and blows that out of the water.

I'm back at square one, not understanding at all what your problem is. You need to try and state them in order and numbered if possibly, for us to be able to separate them and make sense out of your complaints.\

Your line of thought however sinuous can't be made into a written post until you put them in order and they start to make some sense.

Moreover, you quote another post of yours to support the statements you make in this one, but that one is still unresolved, therefore not fit for being quoted in this one.

So please try to heed kluelos's advice and make your posts much more comprehensible.

Most of us can't make much out of them.

Sir your r little bit up to the mark!!!!!

1. see u try at your pc once go to scheduled task

2. add a new task bitcomet

3. give any time any date

4. after u r done with it right click on it

5. click run

6. bitcomet will start

7. works normally

8. start any torrent task in bitcomet

9. it will start downloading

10. ok now minimize bitcomet

11. right click on it

12. click end task

13. bitcomet will close

14. but a crash report comes

15. when the crash report is completed bitcomet again starts

16. u see your task is not running

Now I don’t want this that this bitcomet starts again.....

I also told that if no task is running in bitcomet, it still uses the band width that’s in the next post link

The same happen in case of scheduling a task it start & if u has given a restricted time to stop bitcomet it will end up like this restarting bitcomet

Now it seems your might understand my post go step by step.

The second quote is important because either one of them solved will resolve my problem at least!!!!!

There is no such command as "End Task" in the context menu of the Taskbar button for BitComet.

I'm not sure to what you are referring. I can see only the "Exit" command and that shouldn't yield a crash.

Unless you're referring to opening the Task Manager and forcing an exit of the process through the "End Task" command.

But that's a highly irregular method of closing an application and should only be used in case of non-responsive applications.

You should never end BitComet by forcing its exit through the "End Task" command unless it's frozen.

On the other hand the "Exit" command shouldn't produce a crash. That command it's supposed to report back to the trackers that it's leaving the swarm(s), update all the .xml configuration files and then close the program gracefully. If that's not happening in your case, then you have an issue which you need to address.

That's why the behavior of BitComet restarting itself after a crash is normal; it's supposed to happen only in extreme conditions and it is intended to resume the program's operation in case of accidental crash. But a crash should never occur when you use the "Exit" command of the program.

I think he must be talking about Windows Task Scheduler rather than BitComet's internal download scheduler. This is just a guess, I was utterly lost at #3.

I notice those "u" and "r"'s crept in again ...

If that's the case though, just think: it took a couple of months and multiple posts just for us to figure out what he was talking about. Is this a new forum record for lousy communication? I think it may be.

well u r correct this is only the problem why this bitcomet starts again when accidentally closed by windows task manager or the same happen with the scheduled task of windows,Is there any solution of not starting bitcomet if closed from windows task manager accidentally

NO!!!! THERE ISN'T! AND IT SHOULDN'T BE!!!

Are you too lazy to tell to us why you still need to close BitComet from Task Manager (after all the explanation I gave you in my previous post) or you just can't be bothered to explain to us poor mortals your higher purposes?

You SHOULDN'T close BitComet from the Task Manager. BitComet has it's own "Exit" command (accessible through the File menu, from the BitComet Toolbar, from the context menu of the Floating Window and from the context menu of the BitComet icon in the System Tray or of the BitComet button in the Windows Taskbar).

This command should close BitComet gracefully, and it also sends the proper messages to the tracker and updates all the configuration files as well, so that your tasks progress and state can be saved for the next working session of the client.

If the "Exit" command doesn't work as it's supposed to for you, then you need to address this issue; perform a clean reinstall of BitComet and see if it fixes that. Or it may be a Windows settings issue or a software conflict with another running application.

Whatever the case may be, you need to address the issue and have the "Exit" command work as it's supposed to.

Nobody else closes BitComet through the Task Manager and nobody is supposed to do that, unless the application freezes and becomes unresponsive. This is a irregular method of ending the BitComet process, since it won't give the application the necessary time to report back to the tracker nor to save the status of the tasks and of the application in the configuration files.

That's why this closing method is regarded by the application as a crash and it automatically restarts. Which is a good thing to do.

I DO want my BitComet client to restart if it crashes. And I think anybody else out there, too.

Therefore, your request doesn't make any sense and I don't think that anyone will ever consider that.

You should use the "Exit" command to exit your client, like everybody else out there; and if that doesn't work for you, then you need to acknowledge that you have an issue and address that issue instead of asking the developing team to modify the client, so that it would fit your odd way of doing things.

ok ok ok this full of story i am already aware of it i use bitcomet from many years i agree your are correct on your site in every matter u told i also agree that i use wrong method to stop bitcomet but the problem does not lies in closing the bitcomet accidentally the problem lies that i have got a limited period of download time i use bitcomet scheduler to download my stuff and the scheduler works fine stop all my download at time but when it stops all the download it still uses the bandwidth this thing i have discuss in the link in my post but for this case it better to close bitcomet other than to stop my downloads in order to close via scheduled task it persist this problem of restarting the method of closing bitcomet via scheduled task is same as that of closing bitcomet from windows task manager

so can u give me a proper solution of starting bitcomet at 2 am and automatically stop at 8 am stops automatically means the the task wouldn't run in my pc. any better solution which you can suggest you know better than me about bitcomet

If you really want no traffic at all to occur anymore, you can use the Shutdown at specified time... feature of BitComet (Tools-->Autoshutdown). It will close the client gracefully.

But you'll need to set it manually.

As I've answered you in your other topic, your traffic is being generated by DHT mostly.

You could also make a formal request in the Feature Request section of the forum, that the developing team added an advanced option (on the Options-->Advanced settings page in BitComet) which when set to TRUE would allow BitComet to disable DHT during periods of no activity in BitComet Scheduler, thus minimizing the traffic generated by BitComet at maximum.

But it's up to them if they'll choose to implement it or not.

In the meantime, you can either use the option I recommended above or just disable DHT for good, and live without it.

ok the link to the other post of mine is resolved so this is also resolved i no need to close bitcomet via any means because it does not use any bandwidth anymore if no task is running.simple the problem was dth was enable!!!!!

i want to request to the developer team to add an advanced option (on the Options-->Advanced settings page in BitComet) which when set to TRUE would allow BitComet to disable DHT during periods of no activity in BitComet Scheduler, thus minimizing the traffic generated by BitComet at maximum & also to make auto quit of bitcomet fixed liked i set once i need not have do it again i mean automatically like mr greywizard said in the first line of his previous reply make it automatically if possible

thanks bitcomet team