To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Regards to the comment section

zip103

I would like the comet ID to be used within the comments section.

Its a little annoying that each time a comment is to be placed on a torrent, i have to be typing in a name and confirmation number.

Also, people should be responsible for there comments. Presently a single person can be posting multiple times on a single torrent, using multiple names, in order to convince the masses.

Even though there might be a need for the confirmation number. Please make the login name absolute.

Thank you.

zip103.

• 1 month later...

There are millions of torrents out there, each has it's own "chatroom"

How do you propose we even begin to moderate something like this? It's a free service after all..

Even the giant google's YouTube is overwhelmed by spammers and there's at least a flame war on every video. However it's flagging and approve/disapprove systems seem to work for the most part. In my opinion, those two could form the best solution, granted that there are less spammers than users using the service.

Vacy is right to a good extent. Its a great deal of work to moderate the COMMENTS etc. However, as far as the annoyance of typing the NAME and "SECURITY CODE" goes, i would surely agree that its really irritating to type the same thing again and again for posting the comment. So there should be some mechanism or some workaround for this problem. Many people just don't give their comments for some torrents because of the trouble of typing name and security code again and again. So we lose the valuable piece of information which could help us to determine whether to download the data of torrent or not................. So please, do something.....................

Khota33

About the name, cookies will have to be stored on your pc to make that possible, and there are people who use the portable version of BitComet, and yet more that just hate their presence. How do you please that bunch?

If it weren't for the security code, the spamming could have been automatized (like it happens on youtube), and the servers could become overwhelmed by spam. You wouldn't see just 2-3 spam posts, but 2-3 thousands on every torrent.

I see the piont.I love to seed and right info to help anyone who needs info, but it cant be done anymore because there is somenone that will tell things about ur self that not even u self knew. I mean,i read this one comment about a gay saying indians are selfish and stupid. Im no rasist, and thins like that are stupid and makes this whole thing negative.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well guess what, i think there is some point there what vacy is trying to explain. So it means that having a little headache of entering the security code each time would surely save us from the trouble of spamming. IorinBOTHA is right. I also feel disappointed when people, instead of sharing the useful info, begin to talk about the nationalities and the character of each one. This thing really hurts. But i don't pay attention to such guys. There are good ones and bad ones and we have to deal with both. So give a deaf ear to those who talk trash and keep doing the right thing. Do comment on the stuff that you find useful....................................................

Thanks....

Knowing there are at least some good people out there makews this easy. At least i learned that u should never put ur name down. Some people write bad comments and then uses ur name. That way u become a target. Instead of using a code and add a name the name of the user should be applied autom. But that is just my thought. i mean as there were said this is a free service. Thanks for the support on this topic evereyone.

We'd all love to hear suggestions for ways to make the system free of abuse without becoming too burdensome to use. Given that this is true of most of the Internet though, I'm a little skeptical that it can be easily done.

If I don't require you to authenticate yourself, then I have to accept that you are whoever you claim you are. People WILL abuse that. (If you can resolve this problem you'll be in line for a Nobel Prize at the very least.)

Let me tell you something. When I am using Windows XP and i click on the comment icon for a torrent to type in a comment, it takes a lot of time at least 10 minutes to display the comment entering section. Really long time. First i thought its due to the fact that it is due to the fact that i am downloading a lot of stuff and there isn't much bandwidth left to get the comments screen in action. But I had to change my opinion because when i installed WINDOWS 7 Ultimate, i didn't face this problem. Whenever i wanted to enter the comment for any torrent, the comment entering screen appeared always within 5 secs. So is this a OS related issue or something else. Would be pleased to get info regarding that.........

Khota33

Screenshot

post-59257-12907922711748.png

I wish it was possible to think of a easy way, but nothing is easy. Maybe somebody will make it possible without any extra Work for the Bitcomet team. U guys are doing already so much for free and no one should take that for granted. U guys ROCK. If there are nay spelling mistakes, sorry. I am an Afrikaans Speaking person. I wont bother u anymore on this topic

The team will add a bad word filter in comments, which will improve the comment environment.

About login to leave comments, as Vasy said before:

About the name, cookies will have to be stored on your pc to make that possible

Yes this may annoy users, thus the team will not consider the change.

The team will add a bad word filter in comments, which will improve the comment environment.

Well lets hope it works. If a filter is placed on such word like "Disgusting" or "Pathetic", the people may find some other way of expressing it like "Pa?hetic" or "P a t h e t i c" or "Pat??tic" or something similar. However i hope if you guys place a filter then it would surely reduce the bad comments to a good extent regardless of the fact that people will still find their workarounds.:blink:

Thanks

Khota33

Edited by khota33 (see edit history)

I still remember an early and simple-minded filter installed on a bbs. One discussion concerned aircraft, and with the filter in place we had to figure out what "****pit" meant.

One Heck of Filter so to speak..........

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D;)

Edited by khota33 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest EvgenyS

I have read all posts on the topic, but didn't understand why the login option is a problem to be inserted....

There are millions of torrents out there, each has it's own "chatroom"

So, what? The login/register window displays as a frame above every section, just like a toolbar integrated into a browser. After all, it was in the past.

Edited by EvgenyS (see edit history)

What I meant by that, is that every torrent out there has it's own list of comments, there are only a handful of us and there are millions of lists, how would you moderate them, given these resources? Not even Google's YouTube can handle the flood of spam you see on their site, and they make billion$.

I guess you just weren't reading.

"Logging in" requires the creation of an identity to log in TO. That doesn't exist in BitComet presently, and likely will never exist. BitComet doesn't want to do it and the users don't want traceable identities.

Tracking logged-in identities requires the use of tracking cookies, another thing that users strongly object to. But without some sort of authentication, no such system is workable -- anyone could change identities at will, or use "throwaway" identities for every comment.

If you don't understand why this would not work, then you need to spend some time thinking about it. Figure out how YOU would do it, and then how you would get around what you've thought of.