To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Share my BItComet ID

khota33

I want some people who could share my bitcomet id for increasing the upload ratio. I don't have enough upload speed. Please reply if someone is interested...... I am currently at the rank of staff Sergeant Phase II.

Regards.....

Khota33

It would be good not only for me but also for the other guy who shares my id. Good Download Speed etc. The only thing that is good for me is that if other person also seeds then there will be quick generation of points and more Long Time Seeds would be available. So do consider my offer..........

Thanks a lot..............................

Contact Me at.....

All of this is based on the premise that more points/higher rank does actually deliver significantly higher speeds. This has never been proven and is pretty doubtful on its face.

The theory suggests a marginal improvement at best.

Ok Admin. Now i know that i cant share my cometid. But if only one person is online by using my id, no matter who he is, then my points will be counted or not?????????

Looking forward to your reply...........

I am really thankful to you admin for providing me good piece of information. Well whenever i login to cometforums, there is always the title of "Seeder" under my user name. While others have the word "ppost-59257-12899801563359.pngeer" written under their user name. Why is this difference???????post-59257-12899801563359.png

In this one context of this forum, these "titles" just indicate the number of messages you've posted. They're actually entirely meaningless, no one really cares much how many messages you've posted.

If this forum were about, say, chess problems, then the "ranks" might be named after chess pieces -- "Pawn", "Knight", "Bishop", etc., but they'd be equally meaningless.

No, it's entirely unrelated to anything you do outside the forum itself. In a previous forum, the rank names were "newbie" and "spammer".

People complained about being labeled as a spammer when they hadn't done any such thing to deserve it -- not "getting" that this was just a label that had no meaning at all.

You've posted between 0 and 4 messages, vs. having posted 5 or more messages.

So you were an X, now you're a Y.

Private vs Sergeant

Serf vs Peasant

Thief vs Liar (my favorite)

Frog vs Prince

"Cute".

"Meaningless".

Whatever the admin decides they should be called.

One more thing mr. admin. Whenever i download some stuff from www.XtremeWrestlingTorrents.com, the upload goes well during the download process. However when the download is complete, i cannot upload to other peers and no one from the swarm get connected to me. What is the issue? Can you please help regarding this. On all the other sites i don't face such kind of issue.

I'm not an administrator. I'm just volunteer tech staff.

If no one connects to you on this one site alone, this suggests you have some issue with the tracker. You should therefore look at the tracker tab for one of these torrents and see if you're getting any kind of message that may help.

OK Sir "TEcH Staff".

Normally this site provides private torrents. They state that the Bitcomet is entirely not supported on XtremeWrestlingTorrents.com. So if this is the case then why they allow the bitcomet users to download the data. And i have even tried to use their allowed bittorrent clients like Azureus and uTorrent. But still the problem pervails. With these clients, i can still download but on download completion, there is no peer to get connected to. And the Tracker Tab doesn't show any kind of information.

I know i am causing inconvenience by asking too many questions. Please tolerate it......unsure.gif

So if this is the case then why they allow the bitcomet users to download the data.

I can see a couple of reasons:

• either their client-banning software isn't up to date or very capable;
  • they changed their mind about BitComet;
  • their torrents aren't all private.

But I fail to entirely understand what you complain about. If you already downloaded the data, what for do you still need to connect to other peers?

Your duty is to keep seeding the task, if they need the data they should connect to you, if they don't there is nothing to be done. That is if you have an open port (a.k.a. you're connectible).

You don't download the data from a tracker. All you get from the tracker is the list of interested peers.

All of the data comes directly from other peers, people just like you with connections just like yours.

When you download a piece of a torrent from a peer, you then upload it to other peers automatically. You are always uploading and downloading simultaneously to/from different peers.

If a tracker doesn't support a client, then it will not honor that client's request to be added to the list of interested peers, nor send the peers list to that client.

• 6 years later...