To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloaded piece #635 failed

like these,

2011-02-01 05:50:42 Downloaded piece #2134 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

2011-02-01 05:54:59 Downloaded piece #1991 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

2011-02-01 05:55:23 Downloaded piece #2234 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

2011-02-01 05:56:04 Downloaded piece #1990 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

2011-02-01 05:56:59 Downloaded piece #2263 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

2011-02-01 05:57:18 Downloaded piece #2043 failed in hash check, 2048 KB dropped.

there are over 60+ errors in the logs.

i have added a screen shot, take a look at the logs.

i just installed

BC 1.26 still the problem persists.

I installed peer Guardian 2 and kept for downloading for 6hrs, the no. of such dropped pieces("rubbish data") has reduced(not completely stopped though) which is a good thing.....but if i see the log or history of peer guardian it says no IPs blocked.So, i dont know if the reason behind the reduction in no. of dropped pieces is peer guardian,but today no. of dropped pieces have reduced and i think i will continue to use peer guardian.

If peer guardian says you have no blocked IPs, that is because you haven't added any block lists, so it is infact doing nothing at all.

When you add block lists, be careful not to add lists simply because they exist, many are available that will block good IP addresses, like educational institutions. Many university internet connections seed torrents from high speed servers and you would be making connections to them impossible if you block educational IP addresses (for example). Also, the anti p2p lists usually come in two formats, one has verified hostile IP addresses, and the other which is often referred to as the "paranoid" list will block every IP address a company owns even if only one of that companies IP addresses are hostile.

The level 1 anti p2p list should be all you need. You might also want to block government IPs if you live in an area where it's legal for government to monitor your internet usage.

Also note that some of these lists will block servers used by bitcomet to log into comet ID, and to check your listening port.