To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Data loss issue

Lucy26

Hopefully the member will provide a better description so we can better know if it might be related. One thing we need to know is what exactly this means...

the data loss I experienced deleted ALL of the torrent files

The way it's written says the files like (movie.torrent) were deleted, but I suspect it was the (movie.avi), or the actual downloads that were lost, not the torrent files as he stated.

We need some clarification to know how to interpret this.

• 4 weeks later...

I have left my original data loss (hash check) topic to see what progress or advance is done on dataloss issue but to my sorrow no progress here and no new version of BitComet is released now . I been more than a month and a half since i left all torrent activities .

So tell me , What hav I missed and is There any new good news yet? Thanks in advance.

It's still erratic as can be. I *think* this may have actually happened to me, but so much else was going on at the same time that I just could not be certain of the cause. I was making major hardware changes and I think the changing disk drive letters might have contributed to the thing. But it could easily have been my own oversight that lost the data.

I have not been able to replicate it since. Regrettably, the reports from people have stopped coming in, so there's still a real question about how common this is and what might trigger it.

As Kluelos states, we haven't had any recent reports of this, and have been completely unable to reproduce this problem in controlled testing. Considering that on an average day there are 2.5 million BitComet users and only a dozen or two have reported any such problem, and even those have slowed or stopped completely, so we have to wonder if the problem could be caused by something unrelated.

We are keeping an open mind and continue to urge users to report anything they experience.