To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 1.26 SnapShot Tab Problem

Hello there guys. I am having this strange kind of trouble for some days. I have bitcomet 1.26 stable release. The trouble is that whenever i open a new torrent for downloading, bitcomet displays a dialog box in which there is a Snapshot tab. Previously, whenever i clicked on this tab, i was able to see the images of the videos that i was about to download. But now it doesn't show any Images for any torrents. If there is not any image then bitcomet used to display the message "Snapshot is not available" but now there is no such message and the screen remains blank. The Loading INDICATOR keeps rolling for some seconds and then nothing appears. I am using Windows 7even Ultimate SP1. I usually install the automatic updates provided by Microsoft. I have also installed Internet Exp 9. I think Bitcomet uses some functionality from IE9 also so do you think that upgrading to IE9 has any thing to do with the problem that i am facing?

Please let me know if there is any workaround, or else i will have to reinstall my OS and it would take a lot of time to install all the soft wares.

:(

post-59257-13017279560087.png

It is possible IE 9 has some incompatibility problems with bitcomet. I haven't seen this before though. However, in your screenshot it doesn't appear you have selected a task. It won't show you any snapshots if a task isn't selected.

Our server came across some problems several days ago, and it showed "Snapshot is not available" error.

Our development team fixed this yesterday, and the snapshot service is now working.

Please select a certain task, and wait for the download to progress and the picture will appear.

If you still have problems using the snapshot service, please reply in the forum. We will help you sort it out.

Thanks to the GUARDIAN EAGLE and zeroJinn. I just checked it again and as per your saying, the service is now working and i can see the snapshots now. Thanks a lot for the help. You saved me the trouble of installing everything from the scrap. Big time thanks.............

:D

Hello every one. I am facing the problem of snapshot tab not functioning. I was using Bitcomet 1.25 version and suddenly the snap shot tab stopped functioning. Earlier it used to show the snap shots perfectly and at times a message of "snapshot is not available". It has happened after I have run the antivirus scan of my machine.(I presume).This is one thing I could understand I have done before i noticed the problem. Today I have downloaded V 1.26 but still it is not functioning. Is it possible that settings change of windows( I use Windows 7 and the latest service pack is not installed yet) or any settings change of bitcomet can result into this thing. I use Internet Exp 9. Please let me know if I need to check any basic setting change in my PC. Please help me to fix this problem. I highly appreciate all sorts of advise.

It has happened after I have run the antivirus scan of my machine.

If this is true, then there was probably a false detection and your antivirus disabled something that was not malicious. This actually happens quite often and is referred to as a "false positive".

Please check your anti virus logs and see what detections it found and look for something related to cometbird then either restore it, or remove it from quarantine.

If this is successful, please reply with the identification of the suspected threat, and the antivirus used to detect it so we can attempt to have it removed from their detections.

It feels really bad to say but I am having the same problem of snapshots tab not working. Its really bad. Couple of days ago, it got well and the snapshots were working good. I thought the bad days are gone but alas! I am back with the same issue. Please help me and the others having the same issue................................................. Waiting for your kind reply.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This problem has occured intermittently for several weeks. Now it seems to be a solid NO! All tasks show no icon at all un the snapshot column and when I choose Torrent Collection ALL torrents (5000+) show a grayed out snapshot icon.

Windows 7, SP1 on a home assembled Ausus P5K deluxe Using Norton Security Suite.

Bitcomet 1.26

Comcast cable modem Arris TM722 to Dlink WBR 2310 wireless router used by another computer in another room--I have a hardwire ethernet cable from it to my Marvel Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E NIC.

I THINK port is forwarded (in options I see: "enable UPnP port mapping" is checked as well as "Check if port is forwarded properly automatically")

The Bitcomet status line shows "DHT connected:1713" and "WAN 98.242.220.97:14044" with green light.

Snapshots of any video require that there be (or at least, have been) BitComet seeders in the swarm, who've elected to enable snapshots. That's not always going to be the case, but it's something you should check as best you can.

There are a lot of BitComet users in the world, but not compared to utorrent or azureus, or the unix clients. None of these send snapshots.

Then this requires that the snapshot server be online. There is no way to tell if it isn't, at least not presently.

About the only way to be sure is when a previous version does show snapshots, and your version doesn't, at the same time. That's difficult to do, having to install the old version in order to check, when this happens.

If the old version doesn't show any either, then 1) There are no snapshots to show, 2) the server is down, or 3) something on your system is either blocking the server or preventing the download of snapshots from it. I don't know of a good way to determine which is the case.

I appreciate the comments, Kluelos, but a few weeks ago there were snapshots appearing every time I looked and now there are simply none. It would help to have the server's url so that I could do a TRACERT to see if it is reachable; I suspect it is not. Then the question would be whether it is down or merely being blocked -- again my suspicion is that it is being blocked or no one would be seeing snapshots.

The next time I see snapshots, I am going to save the "Internet address" from the Temporary Internet Files folder so I can do that. I recall it was something like "FILEShot" or something.

Unfortunately, I don't know. There's a lot that's undocumented about the system. Or rather, there's almost nothing that IS documented about the system.

If someone, earlier, uploaded snapshots for a torrent, are those snapshots retained on the server after that person disconnects? I don't know. If they are not, then the system requires all of the above plus somebody who's online *now*.

The server being down or blocked may be the most likely cause, but that's very different from proving that it is so, and I, at least, don't know enough about the parameters of the system as implemented to even offer a guess about probabilities.

BitComet development team is working on this issue and a new server is being installed for snapshots service. We anticipate the upgrades will take about ten days to complete.

Please be patient as we resolve these issues. once fixed, a notice will be posted in our forum.

Well its really appreciable if the workaround is being worked out. Lets hope that it gets well within 10 days.

Thanks to all the people for their replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hey Hey........ It seems like the admins have kept their word. The Snapshots are working again. Thanks a lot for this.

:D:lol::D:lol:B);)

• 4 weeks later...

I didnt notice the snapshots were not working because I was away at work the past few weeks.... home now..The last couple days I've been reading the forum and attempting to find a solution to missing snapshots and comments. I cannot seem to find a solution. Is it possible there is a server trouble? I have green lights on BC and downloads are as good as they always have been.

Installed BC 1.27 today, but it didnt fix anything. XP SP3, no IE only Firefox 3.6.17

Suggestions?

Cheers.. Erinmore

What do you mean by "no IE"?

Snapshots and comments are added by torrent users. When a bitcomet peer (must have option enabled) completes the download, snapshots are submitted, and only then will they be available. Comments must be entered manually.

Once they exist, you must then click on the task that contains them, and also have the options enabled. Additionally, BitComet uses parts of Internet Explorer that are part of the windows operating system, so if you have removed essential parts from your operating system, then these functions may not work for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem and this isn't the first time. In the past it has just started working again, but so far this time it hasn't. It started a few days ago when I noticed the wan light was yellow. I tried the firewall and port forwarding in my router and it didn't change. I finally looked in the help and followed directions. I didn't know it at the time but I was installing an internet gateway or t6 I believe. Still I had the yellow light and then I restarted my router and bam! green light. Turns out that was the yellow light problem the whole time, Now I use Bitcomet and everything is fine except I get this error message every time I try to view a snap shot. I thought it must be the gateway so I researched what the gateway was and how to remove it. After that was done, same problem. I have since then un and re-installed BitComet and checked my router and firewall and cant figure it out.

Please help

post-120110-0-13499600-1360576803.jpg

It seems that the last posting on this topis was April. It seems that the same problem has arisen - again.

It clearly shows on the 'snapshot column' if a snapshot is available. Despite a snapshot being available, it does not show. Similarly, it no longer displays 'snapshot nt available'.

All that happens, when clicking on a file that shows snapshots, is that the 'snapshot sector' (Next to the 'summary sector) just swirls and then leaves the sector blank.

This has been the case for the past 4 days.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, with all the necessary updates. I am also using Internet Explorer 9.

Your comments would be appreciated