To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Open & close's So Wrong

thorgaz

to Enlarge Or Minimize BitComet 1.27 I see parts of the program Not rendering.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name GARY-PC System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd

. System Model G41M-Combo System Type X86-based PC Processor Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6500 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s){Over clock & running at 3.83}

Some System info here Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB Available Physical Memory 2.05 GB Total Virtual Memory 6.50 GB Available Virtual Memory 5.13 GB

Also tried other Display cards & it's the same also this is a brand new card also a GTX 460 SE 1GB Mem DDR5

Any clues guys ??

post-64347-13043186512034.jpg

Edited by thorgaz (see edit history)

I suspect your system was low on resources when you tried to enlarge the window to full-screen. When I tried it with version 1.27, it worked fine, but for a split second (less then 1/10th second), it appeared like your screenshot. It was barely noticeable actually and I never would have noticed if I wasn't looking for it. I'd try rebooting and see if it works correctly with no other programs running.

Hey thanks for the reply mate

Sorry but there was plenty Resources as i also thought this also, 3.25GB Ram & it was the only program running.

But ok before i posted my problem i did also think of rebooting, But with no luck . it was the same & still is even today. I also tried a clean install. Manually taking everything out of the registry But to no vale. & Still she is the same. Been using BitComet now since 2008 never had this problem. it still doe's what it as to. But Just don't look nice.

to me it looks like the Base Code can't or is not running as it should be. but am not a coder yet lol

Anyway may i ask

How do i get my BitComet stats to show up under my Profile like yours mate?

Edited by thorgaz (see edit history)

If it's not much trouble, can you try reducing your cpu clock speed down to it's design limit and see if that makes a difference. Overclocking a cpu can be fun, but can also make things unstable.

Also, if you want to try prior version of bitcomet, you can download the .zip archives from the link in my signature. They don't need to be installed, you can simply unzip and run the .exe, therefor testing if that version works properly on your system. Just make sure your not trying to run two versions at the same time.

Hi, thorgaz.

How do i get my BitComet stats to show up under my Profile like yours mate?

Could you please explain what you're referring to, here?

post-64347-13046078146133.png Yes sure, Like this here, sometime's i will see these stats Under the profile of some members.But can't get mine to show;

Also my avatar will not show, But it is there in my profile.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hi there Mr Suspect

Yea i also did try that Also made my RAM timings run the same speed as the CPU & below, Still thee's no luck.

This doe's not happen in older versions on this machine running at this speed.

From my experience of Coding. " i help build & code the Phoenix viewer for Second-life"

There may be a memory Leak in the coding. I'd have to do more tests. witch I have no time for at the moment'

& something in the code as been changed

Are there copy's of the source code I could look over anywhere to down ?

Thanks again

Gary

I'd be glad to pass on any information you can provide to our development team, but this is the first case of this that we've seen, so before it's taken as a verified bug, we'd need to reproduce it, or get reports from multiple users.

As for the stats showing in the forum, I've never seen them on my own, or any other members profile. Can you provide a screenshot of where you see them?

Thank you for your post, Gary. The development team is working on this issue at the moment, but we are not able to reproduce the error yet. We will keep trying, once the reason is found out, you will know from our forum.

BitComet it not Open Source Software, source code is not available as kluelos said.

• Like 1