To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what your saying or asking.

If you purchased a vip plan, then please send your comet ID name and transaction details to ZeroJinn, she can fix any account related issues.

If your attempting to use the free trial, then please read the announcement regarding that in the VIP section of the forum.

If your only wondering why it says it's expired when you never had one, then please understand that this means that "if" you had one, it's no longer valid (expired).

That message text can be confusing, since MOST people will never have tried it, so "expired" is pretty bewildering. Probably better to say "Your VIP Acceleration Service is currently inactive (Never activated or expired)."

I think that part is not as badly misunderstood, as being told it has "expired" when you never ordered it in the first place. The wording on that really does need to change.

I think you should also reconsider this "use it or lose it" policy. It's a very customer-hostile way of going about this, particularly for something that you are selling. When you say that it expires in 30 days whether used or not, your saying that even though you haven't done anything to earn the customer's money, he still loses it. I would certainly never sign up for such a plan -- in fact, this is the main reason I personally don't have a cell phone.

Yes, you can, but all the cards that I've seen so far expire, sooner or later. I'd love to be able to put an emergency phone in a car, knowing that it would be available when needed 5 years from now. But not one company offers a plan that would do that, short of paying monthly for something I do not need, want or use. Not one offers air minutes that do not expire unused.

I think there's a viable anti-trust suit here if any government cares to pursue it.

If you get an old (circa 1990) bag phone that plugs into your car, you can keep it in the car and use it any time an emergency arises. Of course, it will only call 911 (unless activated), but that is what an emergency is for :)

Not all emergencies are defined as "need to call 911". In fact, a lot of them are defined as "need to phone home".

"I ran out of gas"

"Somebody slashed my tire"

"I got in an accident and my car's not driveable"

"I got drunk and can't drive safely"

"I just witnessed a murder and I'm too shaken to drive."

I paid for the minutes. I do expect the payee to actually earn the money, not just take it and do nothing. Neither is it their call to decide who I need to call.

Yeah, the government forces all providers to put through calls to emergency numbers, regardless of them being a paying customer, which is good, but I agree, it's only good for serious emergencies.

Still well worth the $10 I paid for it in a yard sale back in 1993

Got you beat there, as I got this one for free -- of course, it's also the ONLY thing I got from the last two weeks I worked for that company (including a paycheck). The investors shut them down, and just wanted to be rid of it.

Actually $10 for a bag phone sounds about 9.99 more then it's worth, but in that era, they cost a few hundred dollars. Today it's completely obsolete and painfully annoying to use due to poor quality, but it's more effective then the portable CB Radio I used to carry in my trunk.

10-4 good buddy. Do people even still do that?

I think the "use it or lose it" approach is really hostile, and hope BitComet repudiates it. It really is fundamentally unfair.